Christmas cheeseboard etc

What we having then , always love a cheeseboard this time of year , currently got a bit of a feast going on .

Got some .

variety of cheeses 🧀 and crackers, blue Shropshire , Stilton snd a nice smoked cheddar being the favourites .
Got some olives 🫒, whitebait (pickled) 🐟 , lovely chicken liver pate and mushroom pate going on , bit chutney , few bottles of moretti

No meats forgot to get some .

Lovely stuff enjoy what you take down

What we having then , always love a cheeseboard this time of year , currently got a bit of a feast going on .

Got some .

variety of cheeses 🧀 and crackers, blue Shropshire , Stilton snd a nice smoked cheddar being the favourites .
Got some olives 🫒, whitebait (pickled) 🐟 , lovely chicken liver pate and mushroom pate going on , bit chutney , few bottles of moretti

No meats forgot to get some .

Lovely stuff enjoy what you take down
I've got some chorizo, Wensleydale and cranberries, crackers, a little quiche and some mini sausage rolls........think I'm keeping it for Christmas day tea falcsy 😘

Roublechon de savoi, gruyer, Shropshire blue and pecorino. Also a smoked Chedder from that farm shop near Hexham.

To accompany some strange ciabatta crackers, sourdough and water biscuits, walnuts in honey, pickles and mini gherkins. Olive tapanade and grapes, figs and a bottle of port.

Just call me Squire CPL. I will have a big bandaged toe cos of gout.

Wensleydale and Cranberry, Stilton, cheddar with chives and pickled onions, garlic and herb roulade, Red Leicester with chipotle. Garlic and Rosemary crackers, Cream Crackers and Hovis Digestives. Home made caramelised onion relish and a bottle of Vintage port

Brie, some other soft French number, Stilton, Red Leicester, Gouda and a standard goat cheese you can buy in Asda.

Marksy biscuits for cheese selection.

I also make pigs in blankets, roast potatoes and our lass makes a Romanian potato salad and dessert.

Boeuf and Cozonac. If anyone is inclined to look them up. Both are great if you fancy something different.

Regarding the cheese, I decided this year we’d get things we’d actually eat so we’re not getting a selection and then having cheese in the fridge for a good while.

I’m regretting that decision, it was always a canny snack when I came home drunk :lol:

I tried to get that 'minger' cheese that was in the news but couldnt find it anywhere.

Ended up with a nice creamy wensleydale and some lovly port salut

Roublechon de savoi, gruyer, Shropshire blue and pecorino. Also a smoked Chedder from that farm shop near Hexham.

To accompany some strange ciabatta crackers, sourdough and water biscuits, walnuts in honey, pickles and mini gherkins. Olive tapanade and grapes, figs and a bottle of port.

Just call me Squire CPL. I will have a big bandaged toe cos of gout.
Mangled ‘reblochon’ a bit there :) Lovely in tartiflette.

Mangled ‘reblochon’ a bit there :) Lovely in tartiflette.
Can't even say it was that darned autocorrect. No idea how to spell it and couldn't be bothered to look it up 😁 is tartiflette the potatoes onion cheese and cream thing. We were in Annacy in the Summer, first time I tasted the cheese and assorted things, including fondue. Bloody lovely.

By the way as I typing this listening to Rainy Night in Soho. Making me melancholy nostalgic.

Last edited:

Back