Chrissy Maguire

Tbf the whole team massively lifted their game that night, which was proved when they lost to Cambridge in their next game.
This was a big problem for 4 years. So many teams raised their game against us and we really struggled. It’s easy to say we should have dealt with that, but many teams saw us as a big scalp yet in essence we had a L1 team.

Last edited:
He was brilliant in patches for us.

A proper shithouse but he was out shithouse.

Don’t get the dislike/hatred on here for him.

He provided some rare moments of quality amongst some absolute shite.

Don't really think it's dislike or hatred, just an acknowledgement he was massively overrated by loads of fans when he was here. I mean, The King - really? It was embarrassing then and it's still embarrassing now.

People seemed to love him as much for his 'shithousery' as anything else. I hate that word, cringe every time I hear it. Small time way of thinking we thankfully seem to be moving away from.

He was a good player for us. An utter shit house but he was out shit house and we all loved it at the time. He didn’t up his game because he was playing us but because he was against Lee Johnson.

I like him and hope he does well

This! The Lincoln game showed that the showboating shithouse could turn it on when he could be arsed. Mind, he should have had a straight red for that tackle on Winchester. He can rot in League 1 where he belongs.

He was invisible in the game at Lincoln last season. Obviously, it was only his dislike of Johnson that motivated him.

Like who?

On his day he was class for us. Scored some absolute screamers and crucial goals.
PL days. Plenty have came through and made impacts at levels he can only dream of playing for.

Scored a few screamers and crucial goals aye. But as selfish as they come and completely lazy, wasted his career. Never want to se his like at SAFC again.

One good game for Lincoln, he's a waster.

PL days. Plenty have came through and made impacts at levels he can only dream of playing for.

Scored a few screamers and crucial goals aye. But as selfish as they come and completely lazy, wasted his career. Never want to se his like at SAFC again.

One good game for Lincoln, he's a waster.

Oh aye, PL days absolutely.

But given that first season under Jack Ross he was very good and the spark we needed in games.

He was selfish and inconsistent but that’s why he’s played the majority of his football in or around League One.

Back