Chris hughton

Status
Not open for further replies.

good honest interview there on sky. I like him.

Very underrated?

I like him too and there is no doubt he's a good manager.

But in saying that, Brighton have spent close to €50 million during the summer and over the past few seasons in the Championship they've spent some decent fees on players too.

Our history of transfers never being thought out have bitten us right in the arse, Brighton have signed solid pro's from around Europe who came in and do a professional job, every summer a massive turnover on players was only going to end in disaster for us :(

Cost of squad compared to his former club and fellow promoted club he's doing a better job than super Mario over rated Benitez

Brighton have a far greater net spend than Newcastle since the summer of 2016........

No use slating the Mags for the sake of it either if you haven't got the correct facts.

Last edited:

But in saying that, Brighton have spent close to €50 million during the summer and over the past few seasons in the Championship they've spent some decent fees on players too.

Our history of transfers never being thought out have bitten us right in the arse, Brighton have signed solid pro's from around Europe who came in and do a professional job, every summer a massive turnover on players was only going to end in disaster for us :(

Brighton have a far greater net spend than Newcastle since the summer of 2016........

No use slating the Mags for the sake of it either if you haven't got the correct facts.
I'm not on about net spend I'm on about how much the mags squad cost compared to Brighton
Mitrovich shelvey Perez lascelles atsu ritchie etc etc etc etc etc cost more than the Brighton squad

Last edited:

Two different things though isn't it? Net spend might be higher (haven't checked like) but in terms of how much the players they can put out on the pitch cost I'd assume the mags are a fair way ahead

Brighton have spent more on players than Newcastle this summer.

So if we look at their respective sides (first eleven and bench), who has the more expensively assembled squad? That's the lads point isn't it? I mean, in theory man city could have a net spend of -£5m over two years and SAFC could have a net spend of £3m, we could even (in some crazy parallel world) outspend them one summer. If, however, the total value of our squad added up to about £10m and theirs was £500m, you'd still expect them to significantly outperform us

Brighton have spent more on players than Newcastle this summer so that need's to be taken into account in any argument.
They might have but I'm sure without looking in to what both clubs have spent this summer I would think if you looked at both clubs squad the mags would have spent more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back