Children to be taught what to do in a terrorist attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

dangermows

Striker
Primary school children are to be taught about what to do in a terror attack with a book about a cat set loose in a school for mice.

Moggy's Coming advises youngsters to 'run, hide, tell, treat' in the event of an active gunman or knife attacker, in line with national police advice.

Hundreds of teachers in Birmingham have been trained on how to use the materials so far.

It has been developed by the team of doctors behind the Citizenaid app which advises users on how to deal with a terror threat.

In conjunction with the book, older students will have 'teacher-led discussions about a shooter in a school' and will be given advanced training on how to stop a large wound from bleeding or using a tourniquet.

Meanwhile younger children will talk in general terms about how injuries are treated but will be advised to approach an adult for help.

The cartoon story is based in the fictional Mulberry School for mice in the town of 'Goodcitizenham'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-teach-kids-terror-attacks.html#ixzz4qNfLipno

Good preparation or needlessly worrying a child?

Primary school children are to be taught about what to do in a terror attack with a book about a cat set loose in a school for mice.

Moggy's Coming advises youngsters to 'run, hide, tell, treat' in the event of an active gunman or knife attacker, in line with national police advice.

Hundreds of teachers in Birmingham have been trained on how to use the materials so far.

It has been developed by the team of doctors behind the Citizenaid app which advises users on how to deal with a terror threat.

In conjunction with the book, older students will have 'teacher-led discussions about a shooter in a school' and will be given advanced training on how to stop a large wound from bleeding or using a tourniquet.

Meanwhile younger children will talk in general terms about how injuries are treated but will be advised to approach an adult for help.

The cartoon story is based in the fictional Mulberry School for mice in the town of 'Goodcitizenham'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-teach-kids-terror-attacks.html#ixzz4qNfLipno

Needlessly worrying bairns. I'm sure @Frijj can post some stats but your odds of being involved in a terrorist attack must be remote... it all goes out the whole snow anyway in a real situation

f***ing stupid idea

I can't be the only one who thought of another word to describe a certain demographic when they read that. Wonder if we see someone kick off about it :lol:

You and your DM links...
Schools have earthquake and fire preparedness and other such things.
Might as well try and prep them for it but to as we've sadly found out already, if a shooter gets into a school, there's only so much you can do to stop them carrying out what they're planning. I hope I'm wrong there

Unnecessary, more chance of tripping over in the street, banging your head and not waking up again than being caught up in something like that

Ridiculous. I can remember being worried as a child in the late 80's when we got booklets about how to survive nuclear fallout and had to watch When the Wind Blows. Needless scaremongering indeed.

It is the Mail :rolleyes:, but ignoring that:
Cats and mice?
Run, Hide, Tell, Treat is neither catchy, memorable nor even doable?

Hopefully it will be put out to pasture.

I know cats are sometimes called Moggy but come on.

I can't be the only one who thought of another word to describe a certain demographic when they read that. Wonder if we see someone kick off about it :lol:
I take it you mean Smoggies? At first i thought you meant Muzzies, which would be daft, but then again, apparently the cats are gonna be wearing burkas in the books :lol:

It is the Mail :rolleyes:, but ignoring that:
Cats and mice?
Run, Hide, Tell, Treat is neither catchy, memorable nor even doable?

Hopefully it will be put out to pasture.

I know cats are sometimes called Moggy but come on.
If it was back in my Grange hill watching days, it would have been more to the point...........Suicide bombing!.....Just say NO!

Unless its a call to arms then i dont see the point as these attacks are normally a spur of the moment. Its not like the old WW2 alarms will be ringing out blitz warnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back