Chicken Breast - What do you do ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiredEyes

Winger
What do you do to make chicken interesting ?

I get 10kg of chicken breast at a time (£36) and portion it into individual 200-250g servings, then freeze it and now after about 15kg of chicken in three months I'm already sick of it :oops: I'm struggling to come up with interesting ways to flavour it.

I've gotten myself quite a decent spice collection, drizzle of olive oil mixed with one or two of said spices and then smeared over the chicken and roasted and that's about it for me.

Any ideas/recipes ?

Been getting boneless skinless thighs, flavour and texture much better.
Honey and mustard bit oil let it marinade.
Get me morrisons £5 griddle pan as hot as fuck (few sprays of oil)and blacken them adding salt and proper pepper as they cook. 5-10mins max depending on thickness and let rest for a bit.
Mop the juices up and eat!
Usually cook a full pack and take some to work for bait, chop and mix with brown basmati and some green veg

Try this, but I add like a kilo of chicken and use brown rice. Gets 4 decent servings so just wack in the fridge. Approx 800 cals a go, high in protein, full of flavour.

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1167651/chicken-and-chorizo-jambalaya

I make this n'all, it's class.

I get 10kg of chicken breast at a time (£36) and portion it into individual 200-250g servings, then freeze it and now after about 15kg of chicken in three months I'm already sick of it :oops: I'm struggling to come up with interesting ways to flavour it.

I've gotten myself quite a decent spice collection, drizzle of olive oil mixed with one or two of said spices and then smeared over the chicken and roasted and that's about it for me.

Any ideas/recipes ?

How can you be getting sick of chicken? It's the most versatile of meats, the reason being it absorbs flavour. You can make pretty much meal known to man with chicken.

Good question. I'm commenting so I rember I check back.

I make this n'all, it's class.

How can you be getting sick of chicken? It's the most versatile of meats, the reason being it absorbs flavour. You can make pretty much meal known to man with chicken.
And yet your reply has no suggestions :lol:

Not sure how you can ever get bored of chicken - its so easy to flavour!

Try some of these marinades/rubs, most are spicy:

Morrocan - Ready made Harissa paste with yoghurt
Mexican - spice rub of 1/2tsp cumin, 1 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1/2 tsp sugar, 1 tsp paprika, 1 chicken stock cube, 1/4 - 1/2 cayenne pepper
Chinese - Dark soy sauce, garlic and chinese five spice
Indian - yoghurt, coriander, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1tsp garlic, 1 tsp ginger, 1/4 tsp tumeric, 1/2 tsp garam masala, 1/2 tsp paprika.
Jamaican - ready made jerk paste

Plus endless things you can do stir-frying.

Mexican - spice rub of 1/2tsp cumin, 1 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1/2 tsp sugar, 1 tsp paprika, 1 chicken stock cube, 1/4 - 1/2 cayenne pepper
Indian - yoghurt, coriander, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1tsp garlic, 1 tsp ginger, 1/4 tsp tumeric, 1/2 tsp garam masala, 1/2 tsp paprika.

good post mate.

Buy some of them oven bags and just experiment.

Ok, fair enough mate.
I'm not very adventurous with spices and stuff.
Plain breast does not taste as good as the dark meat.

Will try a couple of these ideas.
Mexican and Chinese sound good.
Thanks.

Ok, fair enough mate.
I'm not very adventurous with spices and stuff.
Plain breast does not taste as good as the dark meat.

Will try a couple of these ideas.
Mexican and Chinese sound good.
Thanks.

Definitely this which is why I tend to stick to thighs.

Also don't eat chicken all the time, prawns, salmon/mackerel and a nice fillet steak all have plenty protein.

Any ideas/recipes ?

Where you getting your chicken from that cheap mate?

cut up 4 breasts, mix together 3 tablespoons each of honey, (cheap) balsamc vinegar and soy sauce. Stick all 4 ingredients into a large pan and cook on a medium heat until the sauce becomes sticky. Beautiful and so simple.

I made a lush healthy curry the other day...

cut up 3 or 4 chicken breasts.
coconut milk
tomatoe puree
onions
chilli flakes
cayenne pepper
paprika
brown basmati rice

jobs a good un

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back