Chess

I run the chess club (or did before piglet flu stopped it for a while) at the local school. At first there were just the expected attendees. When the others saw the size of the trophies on offer in the tournaments several more joined. They love it and the infra-school matches get very competitive.
“Infra” FFS!!

I forgot to add that I am pretty bad at chess myself. My 11 year old has already beaten me so I need to practise more to stay ahead of him if I can, at least for a short while. But I know enough to get the youngsters going and into it. The ones who said they enjoy it most are those thathad never previously been introduced to it as something new. Better than being on their PS4s all the time.

Added :D
@redandwhiterob add me I'm GrandMasterMux

Obviously.

I've never played chess before :lol:

I always pack the ol' chess board into my trusted rucksack when I fly back over. The number of random people I have played at airports over the years while both waiting for our flights is growing by the year. I feel a night down the pub coming up when am back over next. Pints, chess and dear ol' pipeys. 🤗

I always pack the ol' chess board into my trusted rucksack when I fly back over. The number of random people I have played at airports over the years while both waiting for our flights is growing by the year. I feel a night down the pub coming up when am back over next. Pints, chess and dear ol' pipeys. 🤗
What a fantastic idea, to carry a chessboard with you when you're flying. I might nick that idea.

Back