Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’re less hateful, but it wasn’t exactly a high bar they’d set themselves.

Having said that, I don’t mind Liverpool, Leicester or City either.

Do people actually exist who have the whole ‘second team’ nonsense??

You post plenty about Woking FC on here to be fair, and while that might be your local club and you see them as less of a threat to Sunderland, reality is Sunderland are currently just as near to Woking as they are to Chelsea in the football pyramid, and might actually be closer next season. If you have no real affinity to Sunderland and just post on here because it's a good forum, like a few other football fans, then obviously ignore this, but if not, then it's not actually too dissimilar.

I guess the longer the club is out of the top flight, the more this whole second team nonsense will become more of a reality to some who are general football fans and want to have an active reason to watch the PL.

It's bizarre, but I am enjoying seeing them do as well as they are this season with Lampard in charge, Abraham, Mount etc. They're not one of the most disliked of the "big" teams any more for me.

They’re less hateful, but it wasn’t exactly a high bar they’d set themselves.

Having said that, I don’t mind Liverpool, Leicester or City either.
Next time one of their black players misses an important penalty or fouls someone in the box I suspect that'll go out the window. It's only been about, what, a month since Abrahams and Zouma were getting dogs abuse off them?

any team that plays young english players like they are is fine by me. the more top teams that can do it, the more chance england have of eventually winning the world cup. apart from newcastle, i hate the fuckers with a passion, every single human being, animal, mineral or vegetable associated with that club.

You post plenty about Woking FC on here to be fair, and while that might be your local club and you see them as less of a threat to Sunderland, reality is Sunderland are currently just as near to Woking as they are to Chelsea in the football pyramid, and might actually be closer next season. If you have no real affinity to Sunderland and just post on here because it's a good forum, like a few other football fans, then obviously ignore this, but if not, then it's not actually too dissimilar.

I guess the longer the club is out of the top flight, the more this whole second team nonsense will become more of a reality to some who are general football fans and want to have an active reason to watch the PL.

Surely there’s a vast difference in having a second team you actually followed for years as a kid/teenager though, compared to daft twats say who buy a Brazil national team shirt one summer in four cause they’re their ‘second team’.

No??

Surely there’s a vast difference in having a second team you actually followed for years as a kid/teenager though, compared to daft twats say who buy a Brazil national team shirt one summer in four cause they’re their ‘second team’.

No??

Maybe so, but it's a still a second team to the one you support, and that post did seem a bit ironic coming from someone who actually does have a second team, even if the circumstances are a bit different.

It's bizarre, but I am enjoying seeing them do as well as they are this season with Lampard in charge, Abraham, Mount etc. They're not one of the most disliked of the "big" teams any more for me.

Yeah, similar, on paper over the years, they'd be one of the least likely clubs a neutral would look out for, but with the young English contingent, Lampard, and the matches they are regularly involved in, that does seem to be changing for a few.

I’m pleased for the younger lads and it’s useful for England.

Definitely seems to be getting a bit hysterical though - they have stacks of top players still.

Look fresh and exciting but I'd worry about their backbone in the bigger games. I can't see them winning anything unless they get a lucky draw in the cups.

Mind one player for them who seems to be going along nicely under the radar is Kovacic. I think he's looked real quality and it's him pulling the strings allowing the others to flourish and end up with all the plaudits.

As a QPR fan hell no
Chelsea have lucked out with this transfer embargo they had about 80 players on loan with a 60 million pound player comming in they were hardly plucky underdogs
The likes of Abraham , mount would be at championship clubs
Let’s see what happens when they are allowed to buy and when they lose a few on the trot
I do think there is a myth building up around them. The media will have you believe that Frank had no players whatsoever and has had to purge their under 18’s just to get a side out.
Exactly , they won the europa league last year with pretty much the same squad as now let’s see what they do at the end of this year

Last edited:
I like Frank Lampard and I like the fact they are blooding young English players and doing well with that strategy.

However, I wouldn’t go as far as to say I like them, and if they didn’t have the transfer ban Lampard would still be at Derby (as would Mount for another loan probably) the likes of Abraham and Timori would be on loan at clubs like Villa and Watford.

Purely as a football team I do love watching them. I’ve long been of the opinion that clubs should lean heavily into player development. If there’s little hope of actually winning things, the best that fans have to hope for is to see young players develop. It’s one of the reasons why the Donald era has been so frustrating. We should have overtly rebuilt ourselves around youth development. Our senior squad should be small to provide opportunity for young players and we shouldn’t be buying players who are out of their early 20s. If we’d done that for this past two years we’d be in a far healthier position than our current reality. Instead, we’ve got a bloated squad of players that nobody really wants and no real selling point to help keep promising young players at the club. “Stay at Sunderland and you might get on the subs bench by the age of 22 if 7 league one jobbers get themselves injured” is a really compelling proposition:rolleyes:

I loathe them and their fans and hope they fail miserably. Can't understand how any Sunderland fan could have any time for them. The 1985 Milk Cup alone but it's not a short list of shitbag behaviour

If they hadn’t been shithouses and broken rules they wouldn’t have had a transfer ban imposed on them and these young players wouldn’t be getting a chance.

So no, to answer your question they’re not my second team.

Basically this. Find them good to watch at the moment, but they're good to watch by accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back