Cheating Aussie B******s

They've admitted that they actually planned it inside the dressing room.

Life bans, surely?
Don't know if it's life bans but the punishment should go up the chain of command. Basically you want the coaches to say no team of mine cheat and the captain says the same.

So, punish the coach, the captain and the player.

Nearest equivalent I can recall to this was Atherton with his pockets full of soil, I don't know what his punishment was if any.

Edit ... this was it..
In the "dirt in pocket" affair, then England captain Michael Atherton was accused of ball tampering during a Test match with South Africa at Lord's in 1994 after television cameras caught Atherton reaching into his pocket and then rubbing a substance on the ball. Atherton denied ball tampering, claiming that he had dirt in his pocket which he used to dry his hands. He was also accused of lying to the match referee. Atherton was summoned to the match referee and was fined £2,000 for failing to disclose the dirt to the match referee

Be interesting to see how this plays out. It’s basically senior players and managers exposed in premeditated, planned cheating
Have seen it described as cricket’s ‘bloodgate’ but I bet my bottom dollar it’s not treat as harshly

So the leadership discussed it and assume agreed to let Bancroft try his luck ?
I’d always thought players are likely to keep items in there pockets or spray there clothing to assist dulling or shining the ball.
But shocked it was talked about and sanctioned by the Aussie gaffers, wankers.
Can’t wait for the Barmy Army sing song.

It’s cheating of the highest order. Worse than anything the Pakistan players did with the no balls,And they are freely admitting cheating. It’s not a head fart like Atherton(his punishment looks light looking back) but a premeditated attempt to cheat an opposing team.
Whenever they play abroad I recommend Durham be stripped of 15points and all fans turn back to play

And Stokes/Wood transferred to Essex without delay
With Durham paying all wages

Back