Cheap Trick/Def Leppard

Dunno about Mr B, but I was there and reallly enjoyed it. Both bands were excellent, it felt like a joint headlining show, as Cheap Trick don't deserve t be a support band.
What an end to their too-brief set was: I Want You To Want Me; Dream Police; and Surrender.
Def Leppard's set was a good 2 hours with some stunning back-drops to the wonderful Hysteria album. A nice touch, the tribute to the late Steve Clark.
A really great night.

Dunno about Mr B, but I was there and reallly enjoyed it. Both bands were excellent, it felt like a joint headlining show, as Cheap Trick don't deserve t be a support band.
What an end to their too-brief set was: I Want You To Want Me; Dream Police; and Surrender.
Def Leppard's set was a good 2 hours with some stunning back-drops to the wonderful Hysteria album. A nice touch, the tribute to the late Steve Clark.
A really great night.

Agree could have watched Cheap Trick for even longer but it was great to hear their big numbers (even if they didn't play Clock Strikes 10!!)

Waited years to see Cheap Trick and really enjoyed them

@mickb2112 Were you there tonight?
I was indeed. Cheap Trick were absolutely brilliant. Only had 45 minutes or so but really went for it. That`s their first show in Newcastle for over 30 years!!! Luckily for me, I`m going to see them again next week at the Cavern Club in Liverpool. I cannot wait for that.
I actually thought Leppard were the best I`ve seen them. Joe Elliott`s voice sounded canny. I`m not a massive Leppard fan but they put on a good show and it`s full of hits. It was a really good night all around.

Back