Cheap as f*ck budget airline flights

I’m dabbling with booking Ryan air fir very first time , here that many bad stories about them that I’ve never bothered in past
They’re fine as long as you understand that you’ve paid for a seat and nothing more, and that anything else costs extra. They get you there and back and it’s normally not too unpleasant, which puts them on par with pretty much everyone else for short haul European travel.

I’m dabbling with booking Ryan air fir very first time , here that many bad stories about them that I’ve never bothered in past

Had hardly any bother with them tbf.
Had some great deals in past like Warsaw 25 quid return, Fuereventura £80 return, Tallinn 35 return👍
Done Lviv in December 2020 for 9.98 return. Cheapest I've ever had

Am sure we met on way back from Gdansk four/five years ago ? I was with a mate and you were with wife/partner ?

Last edited:
Heard loads of people say they got cheap return flights to random places for like £30 return , anyone ever actually done this ?

Just looking at the budget airlines from Newcastle for the next few weekends and there's naff all really for under £100, other than Dublin

What am I missing?
You need to get on the mailing list for when the flash sales start. Early bird and all that .
I’ve been to Tenerife for cheaper than I could get a taxi into Newcastle every year for the last decade .

Had hardly any bother with them tbf.
Had some great deals in past like Warsaw 25 quid return, Fuereventura £80 return, Tallinn 35 return👍

Am sure we met on way back from Gdansk four/five years ago ? I was with a mate and you were with wife/partner ?
More than likely mate, I go over quite a lot. Try and jog my memory of the convo and I'll see if I remember!

They are fine. I use them all the time.
Are these cheap flights without any sort of luggage or extras?
Base price is without luggage. But if you're away for a weekend then why do you need more than a backpack? A wheely suitcase to take on works out at an extra £15/20 each way.

I've just booked with Wizzair from Luton to Egypt for just under £200 during the school holidays in August where TUI wanted over £800 from Newcastle, other airlines that fly to Egypt Pegasus and Easyjet also wanted over £800 from Manchester.

Garn to Belfast with EasyJet soon at the minute haven’t paid for small case to go in overhead compartment

Are they strict at policing this ? Just before pay £45 extra for it

Garn to Belfast with EasyJet soon at the minute haven’t paid for small case to go in overhead compartment

Are they strict at policing this ? Just before pay £45 extra for it

Yes usually. When I flew back with them recently they had a card reader at the gate and were making a killing from people who thought they would get away with it.

Back