Charlton Having General Sale

I am sure Portsmouth had General Sale, 9 per gobshite
There general sale meant 9 but you had to be on their data base with purchase history on last 2 seasons
Wembley stipulation
Wembley Ticket Information

No there does not need to be a purchase history. We could have a general sale if we wanted as well.

Ticketing Policy

'There are over 70,000 General Admission seats for sporting events and the ticketing policy for these will be determined by the event owner (event owners include The FA, The Football League and The Rugby Football League). '

The EFL rules for Wembley are;

EFL Official Website - Ticketing Terms & Conditions

'2.2 Club Tickets are for the use of supporters of the Club only. By applying for a Club Ticket and/or using the same you hereby warrant and represent that you are a supporter of the Club whose name is endorsed upon that Club Ticket.'

Does not state that membership/previous purchase history is required.
We were told you do for the ct
Pompey told here.

Last edited:

I've learnt to dismiss anyone saying such rules exist, as they are normally made up on here and the myth becomes fact. Another good example is shirts having to have a plain back, with no stripes.
I think you do like

Supporters who book tickets must be on the club’s ticketing database and have purchased tickets within the past two seasons. This is a Wembley stipulation to ensure opposition supporters cannot buy tickets from Pompey’s allocation

There general sale meant 9 but you had to be on their data base with purchase history on last 2 seasons
Wembley stipulation

We were told you do for the ct
Pompey told here.

Yeah, I know, but nowhere in the actual Wembley or football league rules is it stated that a purchase history is a requirement for play-off final, and Charlton are having general sale from tomorrow morning as well.

I think you do like

Supporters who book tickets must be on the club’s ticketing database and have purchased tickets within the past two seasons. This is a Wembley stipulation to ensure opposition supporters cannot buy tickets from Pompey’s allocation
That could easily just be Portsmouth making it up and blaming non-existent rules.

How can Charlton have a general sale?

Yeah, I know, but nowhere in the actual Wembley or football league rules is it stated that a purchase history is a requirement for play-off final, and Charlton are having general sale from tomorrow morning as well.
It's weird
It has to be bollocks like as usually when small clubs like York get there, most fans don't have purchase history. Gates of 1000 or so (most pay on gate) and take 10000 to Wembley.
Seems like clubs make up rules or interpret them in a certain way and blame Wembley.
Unless it is just for certain games, like pompey safc CT?

It's weird
It has to be bollocks like as usually when small clubs like York get there, most fans don't have purchase history. Gates of 1000 or so (most pay on gate) and take 10000 to Wembley.
Seems like clubs make up rules or interpret them in a certain way and blame Wembley.
Unless it is just for certain games, like pompey safc CT?

You’re probably right, I’d imagine that on a game by game basis Wembley or the EFL can stipulate whatever extra rules they want.

We are not having a general sale , you have to be on the clubs database but you can buy upto six now. They did say originally there would be general sale Thursday but I think this other 2,000 will sell today and that will be it

Back