Charlie on the live streaming to pubs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess he is actively refusing the subscriptions from the fans who circumvent the UK regulations around your subscription service via a VPN?

Be a bit hypocritical if he wasn’t imo.
There's plenty on here that do that. Proving it is another thing

I guess he is actively refusing the subscriptions from the fans who circumvent the UK regulations around your subscription service via a VPN?

Be a bit hypocritical if he wasn’t imo.

How can they refuse them? He doesn't own the VPN service.

He is right, there are people who will sit in pubs drinking ticket money watching the game on tv's in town. its a joke
Can't disagree with your sentiment there, mate. Probably costs them more to go to the pub than going to the match and enjoying the atmosphere with fellow Mackems!

I think he is wrong. I’ll try to explain why

- you will always have fans with a different level of interest. That’s just life. The job of the club is to “stoke the fire” in those with a passing interest. Watching the matches on tv should be a way of doing that. Win games, win well and some (never all) will join for the ride.

- the club have spectacularly failed to do that in recent years. Be it through performances on the pitch or the match day experience. The fans have put up with a lot and that will take more time than promises of a “brave new dawn”

- our attendances are remarkable for a city the size. Let’s be honest, if the ground held £32k this wouldn’t be a debate. The ground is too big and shouldn’t have been extended at the time.

The debate on here about “real fans” is irrelevant. People will always be different and the club should be encouraging people to step through the doors. Comments like this don’t help

Well said

He's right, this is parasitic.

However, Charlie was not particularly wise to call them out as such - don't insult your potential customers. Taking legal action agains the pubs involved is a far more sensible course of action.

We've lost 10k fans, the SOL was depressing, they seem to be putting their heart and soul into it, yes they will make money, but I don't think this is the main motivation, they want the klerb bouncing again......some of our fans are eternal pessimists and lazy Fookas who will sit in a booza a mile away watching on the telly, they need a kick up the arse......

:lol: Knew it was a stupid fight to pick, there'll quickly learn that folk are a bit touchy about being questioned.

How they react to that will be interesting.

We've lost 10k fans, the SOL was depressing, they seem to be putting their heart and soul into it, yes they will make money, but I don't think this is the main motivation, they want the klerb bouncing again......some of our fans are eternal pessimists and lazy Fookas who will sit in a booza a mile away watching on the telly, they need a kick up the arse......
It’s going to take more than a few wins in the third tier to do that.

what about those who cant afford it? if i had 25 quid spare i could buy a match ticket and maybe a couple of beers, or have a good session and watch the match in the pub, i'd choose thepub personally.

Can't disagree with your sentiment there, mate. Probably costs them more to go to the pub than going to the match and enjoying the atmosphere with fellow Mackems!
Has anyone stepped back for one moment to gather their thoughts.
The ones who watch it in the pub in general are not sunderland fans.
They are simply trying to get away from their hen pecked lives and don't have enough time to visit the pub and attend a game :lol::lol:

Has anyone stepped back for one moment to gather their thoughts.
The ones who watch it in the pub in general are not sunderland fans.
They are simply trying to get away from their hen pecked lives and don't have enough time to visit the pub and attend a game :lol::lol:
Never thought of it in that perspective, marra. Very possibly tho:lol:

They are risking a lot of money ... they will lose a lot of money in short to medium term... if they do well they will get it back. The club might be worth a lot more when they sell it if they sell it but they wouldn’t make anything till then.
I know I wouldn’t risk my money investing in the what they did at that time.

I agree if you can afford the pub you can afford the match away games are a Litle different with the cost and small allocations

That simply isn’t true. You could walk to a local boozer, have four pints and have spent little more than a tenner.

A match ticket alone is a minimum of £20. That’s before you pay to get there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back