Charlie Methven & Charlton Athletic

Can't believe he is claiming credit for getting the club promoted, Cheeky fker.
See he didn't mention the club's lowest finishes in 140 years or the fact that the club spent nothing in the preseason for the first time in 44 years under his watch.
I can you could see that one coming a mile off despite him ending his directorship with SAFC in December 2019 and as I think I am correct in saying ending his financial interest in the Club before our promotion winning season even began. Unless of course he's saying that by going he massively improved our promotion prospects which I would certainly have to agree with.

Talk of this takeover of Charlton by Methven & his consortium began in December last year and its taken months to conclude which I don't think would have been very helpful to the Club on the pitch. It no doubt also meant that for half a year the former owners were very unlikely to have spent any money on a Club that they were in the process of selling. Given our experience of Methven at SAFC this very public but painfully slow approach towards buying Charlton will probably come as no great surprise. It will however probably give the Charlton fans some indication of how they might expect their club to be run for the foreseeable future.

I fear that next season Charlton face the possibility of ending up in a lower positions in League One than their now north of the river rivals .... Leyton Orient. I hope that I am wrong but without 30,000+ loyal ticket buying fans turning up to each home game to help prop things up I doubt that Methven will be able to make much of a go of it.

Last edited:

Back