Chants you want to hear on Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A proper slow Haway The Lads like in 73
Oh yes, please! How I wish the current generation of singers (especially those lads who start the songs off) would embrace this. The slow, original chant of 'Haway The Lads' followed by clap clap-clap absolutely thundered around Wembley in 73 and was a major feature of our fans' backing throughout the 70s and beyond. It is (IMHO) far better and more effective than the hurried, nondescript current version as the words run into each other and can barely be understood by anyone other than our own fans. In short, the modern version is an unimpressive mess.
Sometimes, not always, the original is best. This is one of those times.

We’re taking the piss, we’re having a Laugh, we’re taking the piss, we’re having a laugh......

Oh yes, please! How I wish the current generation of singers (especially those lads who start the songs off) would embrace this. The slow, original chant of 'Haway The Lads' followed by clap clap-clap absolutely thundered around Wembley in 73 and was a major feature of our fans' backing throughout the 70s and beyond. It is (IMHO) far better and more effective than the hurried, nondescript current version as the words run into each other and can barely be understood by anyone other than our own fans. In short, the modern version is an unimpressive mess.

Is it like this chorus?...

Or this chorus?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back