Channel 4 gone to sh*t?

Some random smug **** from YouTube says it then it must be true.

I’m not going to watch the video in the OP he can go and fuck himself.
Another channel that nobody would blink an eye if it disappeared tommorow.
Finger on the pulse as always, I bet you’re another one who thinks GB news tells the truth and is anti-woke :D

Funded by god knows who in Dubai
Andrew Lawrence. He did a decent Radio 4 series some time ago. Can't remember what it was called. His career took a nosedive when he posted this on facebook about ten years ago.....

Can't help but notice increasingly, a lot 'political' comedians cracking cheap and easy gags about UKIP, to the extent that it's got hack, boring and lazy very quickly.

Particularly too much moronic, liberal back-slapping on panel shows like Mock The Week where aging, balding, fat men, ethnic comedians and women-posing-as-comedians, sit congratulating themselves on how enlightened they are about the fact that UKIP are ridiculous and pathetic.

Yet the Clacton by-election victory and what looks to be a likely victory in the Rochester by-election goes to show that UKIP have their supporters.

Out of touch, smug, superannuated, overpaid TV comics with their cosy lives in their west-London ivory towers taking a supercilious, moralising tone, pandering to the ever-creeping militant political correctness of the BBC with their frankly surreal diversity targets.

The reason UKIP have resonated with voters is because all the other parties are too spineless to tackle the issue of immigration.

Our elected representatives ceded control of the borders of this country to the EU and it's been catastrophic for us all, an unmitigated disaster. Nothing works. Public transport infrastructure is dysfunctional. Hospitals and Schools are dysfunctional. The housing crisis continues to blight our economic potential and destroy the hopes and dreams of a generation. The benefits system is totally out of control. All because there are far,far too many people living here.

For every wonderful, welcome skilled worker our open borders bring into this country, there are also benefit tourists and criminals. For every person that comes here and contributes richly to our culture, there are those that refuse to assimilate, which breeds distrust and has led to a fractured, broken society, where people have lost all sense of community.

Can't say that I'm a UKIP supporter, but I can see why other people are, and I don't disrespect them for it.
What I don't respect is lazy comedians, who market themselves as 'political' but rather than having the courage of their own convictions jump on the militant liberal bandwagon- which has been the source of so much shit stand-up over the years- so that they can get TV work and line their own pockets.

There is a deeply ingrained militant liberal politics at every level of the BBC, despite the fact that it's tax-payer funded and supposed to be neutral. It's a biased organisation and the only sorts of political comedians that are welcome within its corridors are those that reflect it's values.

Essentially when we're watching these 'political' comedians cracking their piss-poor UKIP gags on the BBC, I think we need to be aware they are neither engaged nor passionate about their subject- but money-grubbing charlatans, toadying up to the militant liberals that pay their wages, mirroring their own beliefs back at them in an act of false flattery so that they'll feel smug and validated and keep them on the BBC tax-payer funded gravy-train.

I'm not a political comic, my only ambition for my comedy is to make a room full of people laugh. But there are those that disingenuously market themselves as political comics, not out of any genuine conviction, but in an effort to line their own pockets, and I don't like their hypocrisy.
Wow f***ing hell no wonder he’s a comedian…. My sides are splitting.

At least Bernard manning actually made people laugh.
So Channel 4 is in bad shape, now, because one of the biggest dribblers on the wider internet has posted a video about it while looking like one of George Romero's worst nightmares, and one of the biggest dribblers on this forum has picked up on the video while presumably taking a break from watching all the f***ing fantastic content on Chinese telly?
:D

They obey their masters well

Last edited:

Finger on the pulse as always, I bet you’re another one who thinks GB news tells the truth and is anti-woke :D

I think it goes unfunny comedian doesn't get any work. Still unfunny comedian rebrands himself as right-wing and says he's been cancelled by the woke. Still unfunny comedian picks up a few followers and a bit grift from social media.

yeh they are odd, I thought maybe he has partial eyesite and the filter is weird, not a hint of natural light in his video. The topic isn't about him anyway, but some people have made it about him, or me. I've no idea who he is but what he said was well written, I thought.

So back to C4 has it gone full-on woke? As others have said, some great comedy has come from it over the years. I would add Misfits, Reeves and Mortimer and The Word. They were all on C4 if memory serves correctly.
The fact we have had a right wing government this last decade yet he blames the left wing for the state of the country proves he's an idiot himself or is lying to manipulate the hard of thinking.

This generation’s Jim Davison

Auld Jim was promoting a show in Southsea last year with a load of 'cancelled' comedians. It was so long since I'd heard of some of them I thought they'd passed away tbh. Mike Osman, Mick Miller, Roy Walker to name three. The audience was made up of about 300 mainly middle-aged men after a bit of nostalgia and some jokes about Jim's mate Chalky White in that crap Jamaican accent he attempts.

I think it goes unfunny comedian doesn't get any work. Still unfunny comedian rebrands himself as right-wing and says he's been cancelled by the woke. Still unfunny comedian picks up a few followers and a bit grift from social media.
See Russell Brand for further details :D oh and add in the sex pest claims

Auld Jim was promoting a show in Southsea last year with a load of 'cancelled' comedians. It was so long since I'd heard of some of them I thought they'd passed away tbh. Mike Osman, Mick Miller, Roy Walker to name three. The audience was made up of about 300 mainly middle-aged men after a bit of nostalgia and some jokes about Jim's mate Chalky White in that crap Jamaican accent he attempts.

That sounds grim ffs 🤦‍♂️

Don't be silly now....

Back