Channel 4 @ 22:00

Series that made me fall in love with cricket.
Same here. Despite watching I think series against the windies and new new zealand in the year or 2 prior.

I remember legging it down the street after getting off the bus from school to watch pietersen oval knock. Was incredibly rude of school to restart after my summer of cricket. I was 12 that summer.

Last edited:
Watched it last night. Outstanding. Had tears in my eyes remembering the emotion of that summer
I remember the victory at Edgbaston as if it were yesterday. Couldn't bear to watch the end, was out in the garden with a 2 year-old Young Trundler when the missus shouted out we'd won. Threw him miles up in the air! Fortunately the fielding skills kicked in and he is still here.

Is that the one that shows every ball of the series? Immense

Not quite it’s 8 and a half hours long though

I actually preferred the 2009 Ashes, I no I am in the minority of 1 though :lol:

Other than Cardiff I can’t remember much of that series

05 had so many more memorable passages of play

Actually there was Flintoffs 5 wickets at lords

Last edited:
I remember the victory at Edgbaston as if it were yesterday. Couldn't bear to watch the end, was out in the garden with a 2 year-old Young Trundler when the missus shouted out we'd won. Threw him miles up in the air! Fortunately the fielding skills kicked in and he is still here.
I was on holiday in St.Lucia (terrible timing) and was refreshing the BBC Sport app on my phone constantly as the runs were ticking down..... My phone bill was huge that month :lol:

I actually preferred the 2009 Ashes, I no I am in the minority of 1 though :lol:
No idea how we won that series. They scored more centuries and took (I think) more wickets. We won the key sessions though
Colly's rearguard action at Cardiff was essential and set the tone for the series

I prefer the 81 Ashes. I watched most of it on telly but I did see one day's play at Lords (was not impressed by Lords).

The 2005 series was almost as brilliant for the drama.

I decided to stand up in the living room for the last ten minutes as this would surely break the concentration of Lee & Kasprowicz.:lol:
When Harmy bowled the wide full toss to Lee and it seemed to be speeding to the boundary I thought that was it and then two balls later when Jones took the catch down the legside I went absolutely ballistic.

Mrs RT simply looked up from the Sunday paper and said, 'I dont know how you can watch this all the time it's dead boring!!!'
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.

Other than Cardiff I can’t remember much of that series

05 had so many more memorable passages of play

Actually there was Flintoffs 5 wickets at lords

The Oval Test in 2009, particularity Broad's spell and Freddie's run-out, to win the series, was superb.

The Aussies go on about broad not walking, did Haddin walk when he edged the catch to win the game at Trent bridge? No he did not

Last edited by a moderator:
Broad got so much flak off them for that, I found it so funny that the Aussies of all people were having a go for not walking, they were calling him a cheat and all sorts, the irony!
Simple retort is about haddin. No walking from him, when he took the cover off, though England had to review it

Back