Changing one rule in football

Similar to rugby, play shouldn't have to stop when physios enter the pitch, instead the game just carries on around them.

Would mean there'd be less stoppage, less timewasting, less diving.

Similar to rugby, play shouldn't have to stop when physios enter the pitch, instead the game just carries on around them.

Would mean there'd be less stoppage, less timewasting, less diving.
Dunno theres more space to score on a rugby pitch...if someones down in the 6yd box at football, its a bit all over the place

That rule that allows corrupt officials in FIFA etc etc to get away with backhanders and leech on the game.

DELIBERATE OBSTRUCTION :- When the defender shepherds the ball over the goal line........he has no intention of playing it........his sole intention is to let the ball go out for a goal kick and deliberately blocks off the opposing player.....it looks terrible , it surely is obstruction......i dont know why it has never been highlighted. Does anyone else feel this needs to be changed

An aspect of time wasting I don’t think gets discussed enough is how the team trying to play all the attacking football are almost penalised for scoring a late goal.

Let’s say you’ve had an opposing team who have time wasted for the entirety of the second half and then you score in the 89th minute, the time wasters then have five or six minutes to get an equaliser. I’m not sure how you combat it but it doesn’t seem fair.

Bear Hugs, Shirt Pulling, Grappling, Blocking and any other form of holding in the box are all penalties. Anywhere else on the pitch the free kicks, and yellow cards are given. Why not in the box.

Bear Hugs, Shirt Pulling, Grappling, Blocking and any other form of holding in the box are all penalties. Anywhere else on the pitch the free kicks, and yellow cards are given. Why not in the box.

Still massively interpretative. You'd get the usual nonsense about 'consistency'. Be murder for referees.

Back