Chance for Clarke and Roberts to shine this weekend

Only one change for me and that’s Rusyn for Birstow. Ba gets in positions to miss sitters (and sometimes score them) Roberts doesn’t! If Ba starts I fancy him to get on the score sheet this week!

Meltdown, and rightly so if Burstow starts ahead of Rusyn.
Even bigger one if he brings the new CM in when he’s fit and shoehorns the hopeless golden child in up front instead Rusyn
Only one change for me and that’s Rusyn for Birstow. Ba gets in positions to miss sitters (and sometimes score them) Roberts doesn’t! If Ba starts I fancy him to get on the score sheet this week!
Ba would provide more of a goal threat through the middle. Bellingham and Ekwah just don’t bust a gut to get in the box. Stick Ba in for Jobe

Last edited:
Plymouth full backs prone to allow attackers to the byeline (Philips especially) but if we don't have Eckwar and Job in or around the 6 yard box, it will be wasted.
I games over the last could of months loads have balls have been played across the 6 yard box area and there is never anyone there. The only player who seems to have a knack of getting there is Ba, and as we know he misses too many. Roberts needs to learn this from Ba, when Clarke is getting round his man he needs to get inside, same as one of the midfielders as you say.

Even bigger one if he brings the new CM in when he’s fit and shoehorns the hopeless golden child in up front instead Rusyn

Ba would provide more of a goal threat through the middle. Bellingham and Ekwah just don’t bust a gut to get in the box. Stick Ba in for Jobe
Ekwah scored the last home game and I can’t see them dropping Jobe. Personally never been impressed with Ba playing centrally, looses the ball too much.

I'm not sure they can now Pritch has gone.
Lads been poor for weeks imo and I m being kind on the time frame. There’s no other player in the squad who gets this treatment. Rusyn scored. Gets dropped. That said we are very limited with options as most the squad aren’t ready to step up.

Lads been poor for weeks imo and I m being kind on the time frame. There’s no other player in the squad who gets this treatment. Rusyn scored. Gets dropped. That said we are very limited with options as most the squad aren’t ready to step up.
I actually think he's been better in the last couple of games.

There's options for Rusyn. And to be fair, he wasn't dropped after the Preston game. He started against the scum. I thought the ref gave him nowt, but maybe his backing into Burn routine just wasn't very good. I think there are good arguments for playing a bigger lad up front in some games, and I do think Burstow actually links better.

I've been one of Bellingham's harshest critics since he arrived, so I'm no apologist. I just don't see who we play instead. And I think we need a proper midfield three to compete. Styles may come in and put pressure on the midfield three, and at the least offer an option for rotation.

Last edited:

Back