Chance for Clarke and Roberts to shine this weekend

I actually think he's been better in the last couple of games.

There's options for Rusyn. And to be fair, he wasn't dropped after the Preston game. He started against the scum. I thought the ref gave him nowt, but maybe his backing into Burn routine just wasn't very good. I think there are good arguments for playing a bigger lad up front in some games, and I do think Burstow actually links better.

I've been one of Bellingham's harshest critics since he arrived, so I'm no apologist. I just don't see who we play instead. And I think we need a proper midfield three to compete. Styles may come in and put pressure on the midfield three, and at the least offer an option for rotation.
He offers nowt i dont think. He doesnt even graft hard. That Rusyn is about 3 foot but still puts himself about. Done more in 20 minutes on sunday than burstow has done in about 15 starts

Last edited:
I actually think he's been better in the last couple of games.

There's options for Rusyn. And to be fair, he wasn't dropped after the Preston game. He started against the scum. I thought the ref gave him nowt, but maybe his backing into Burn routine just wasn't very good. I think there are good arguments for playing a bigger lad up front in some games, and I do think Burstow actually links better.

I've been one of Bellingham's harshest critics since he arrived, so I'm no apologist. I just don't see who we play instead. And I think we need a proper midfield three to compete. Styles may come in and put pressure on the midfield three, and at the least offer an option for rotation.
I m with you on the whole Jobe thing. For all the hype I just don’t see what he brings. His close control is very poor. Often needs 3-4 touches to get it out of his feet. Only to be tackled. He turns like a bus. Just jogs about at the same pace all game. The whole model isn’t really working in this case because we have players like Rigg and hashish who need minutes and aren’t getting them because the path to the first team is blocked by Jobe. Don’t mind if someone’s playing well. But he’s not

Only change I will make is Rusyn for Burstow, but Bellingham and Ekwah do need to start upping their game consistently.

Heard nothing further on Ballard after Beale said he was fine in the post match interview, so assume that’s still the case. Seelt in for him if not.

I m with you on the whole Jobe thing. For all the hype I just don’t see what he brings. His close control is very poor. Often needs 3-4 touches to get it out of his feet. Only to be tackled. He turns like a bus. Just jogs about at the same pace all game. The whole model isn’t really working in this case because we have players like Rigg and hashish who need minutes and aren’t getting them because the path to the first team is blocked by Jobe. Don’t mind if someone’s playing well. But he’s not
The only thing I'll say about Aouchiche is that when he got his chance, he didn't make much of it. In fact he looked poor.

Rigg is still literally a boy.

He offers nowt i dont think. He doesnt even graft hard. That Rusyn is about 3 foot but still puts himself about. Done more in 20 minutes on sunday than burstow has done in about 15 starts
I think he did graft on Sunday. He pressed their defenders. He dropped deep. He helped out defensively a few times.

It was Burstow coming deep for the ball and playing the through ball to Ba when Ba hit the side netting - Burstow followed the run and arrived in the box screaming for the ball.

He tracks Howson who gives it to Neil which leads to the Jobe - Clarke squares to Ba chance. Burstow is there in acres asking Jobe and then Clarke for the ball. I think Clarke makes the right choice, but there's an argument for Jobe to pass it into the path of Burstow's run beforehand.

But someone mentioned Clarke getting to the byline and Burstow not being in sight - that never happened. Not once.

I games over the last could of months loads have balls have been played across the 6 yard box area and there is never anyone there. The only player who seems to have a knack of getting there is Ba, and as we know he misses too many. Roberts needs to learn this from Ba, when Clarke is getting round his man he needs to get inside, same as one of the midfielders as you say.
Mowbray mentioned Roberts' lack of goals during the pre season talk in and how he needed to improve........ probably the last time it was spoken about as his output is worse this season than it was last

In the transfer window there was much speculation over clarke and whittaker, with clubs watching the pair of them. As money has not really been forthcoming in transfers just wondering how u would feel if clarke went for a modest fee and a couple of promising youngsters. For instance they say Tottenham are watching Whittaker. We have Phillips and Devine down here on loan from them. I would be happy for those two plus say 5 million for whittaker. Just wondering your opinion on clarke

I’d be tempted to try to get Ba and Roberts in at the same time tbh.

Patterson
Hume Ballard O’Nein Hjelde
Neil Ekwah
Roberts Ba Clarke
Rusyn​

Last edited:

Back