Championship Relegation Thread

Stoke looked a lot better than their position suggests tbf. Although whether that was us being shite and making them look like Barcelona, or a true reflection of their quality, I'm not sure
We blow hot and cold and most Saturdays we are like the dog and duck , I think you caught us on a good day 👍

I'm sure it was only a couple of weeks ago when all of these crap teams were nailed on to overtake us :)
You mean when we lost 6 on the spin, didn’t look like scoring a goal let alone picking up another point?

Amazing what one win does to you lot on here.

You mean when we lost 6 on the spin, didn’t look like scoring a goal let alone picking up another point?

Amazing what one win does to you lot on here.
One win had nothing to do with it. We were never in any danger of being overtaken by all but two of the clubs below us but that didn't stop people from seriously thinking that we could be dragged into a relegation battle.

Wouldn't mind seeing any championship clubs go down to that shit league and take their medicine like we had to.

I'd feel for Shefc Wed though, seem like a decent club and they only just escaped.

And Eustace is currently 0 wins from his first 10 league games at Blackburn with Leicester, Leeds, Southampton, Coventry, SAFC and Bristol still to play.

They also play Sheffield Wednesday which is going to be absolutely crucial.

Plymouth have by far the kindest fixtures of those down at the bottom mind.

They play Rotherham, QPR, Stoke, Millwall, Bristol, Hull and Leicester.

Their goal difference is also pretty much worth an extra point given they're on -9 whereas Wednesday are on -31, Huddersfield -21 and Birmingham -18.
0 wins in 10 bloody hell..who they got next

We should've signed Whitaker in the summer. I wonder if he'd be a possibility this summer.

Even with the last 6 months we've had, today's result just hammers home how much wonderful, young talent we have, the real base of a good side.

Hopefully Speakman redeems himself this summer.
Can't see it unfortunately, Given his age Whittaker must also be valued at around £15-20M.

I'm sure it was only a couple of weeks ago when all of these crap teams were nailed on to overtake us :)
To be fair Sheff Wednesday were on a great run, Huddersfield had beaten us and had about 3 in 5 wins, Brum we re stabilising under Mogga.

Thankfully they've all reverted to type it seems.

How many points have we dropped against those teams? Birmingham seem to be sleepwalking their way down. Wednesday looked dead and gone at one point and have a good chancenow. I think Huddersfield will probably be the other as I think two teams getting out if that bottom three is unlikely, though Plymouth are freefalling too. Bet there will be some 6 pointers.

Blackburn's fixtures are crazy.

Sunderland A
Southampton H
Bristol City A
Leeds A
Sheff W H
Coventry H
Leicester A

We won 3-1 at their place back in September but they tore us a new arsehole for big sections of that game. They were excellent, as they were agaibst the mags recently. Add in Szmodics goals and it's crazy how much danger they could be in.

The Stokies did themselves a lot of good yesterday by beating Hull away.

Theoretically they are not quite out of the woods yet but they have Huddersfield at home on Monday so a win would pretty much make them safe.

One win had nothing to do with it. We were never in any danger of being overtaken by all but two of the clubs below us but that didn't stop people from seriously thinking that we could be dragged into a relegation battle.
Aye ok pal, I believe ya. Thousands wadn’t.

Bet the sun is shining, the birds are singing and we’re going up next season now though?

Back