Champions League Final in Porto

Cant blame the fans for the way things panned out,I wish to god they had of bought the lads.Oh Vienna seen what you done there.

Deserve it? 🤔 They've bought all this recent success spending an obscene amount of money and even cheated on the way didn't they?

Although this isn't to the penny, since the 2008/09 season, their NET spend on players is over double most other teams apart from 3. This doesn't even include wages which no doubt will be higher than most other clubs also. I don't think they deserve anything at all, they've simply bought the success and like I said even had the cheek to cheat along the way. It was only a matter of time before they got to the Final and also eventually win it.

Logon or register to see this image
So what?
The logic of frowning on new teams "buying" their way to the same level as the top clubs is the thinking behind the ESL.

Does it matter how many people attend matches in the past? We had a shit turn out for a Semi Final if the cup against Man Utd.

Weird reference to televised FA cup final having a detrimental affect on attendance. And ECWC final not being televised. Would have thought the former would not have mattered to a Man City fan. And the latter would have only encouraged them to attend the final
Replay was just a few days after the final. If the ecwc final was scheduled for tv I’d imagine a lot of city fans wadve thought they’d settle for that. Travel wasn’t as easy back then. Visas, passports, no budget airlines etc.

Back