Central Contracts

Would rather having them playing for us than carrying drinks for England like they did with Leach.

It’s taken years do get back to division one and Potts is such a huge player for us.
The alternative is us paying their wages and still not getting to play them though, being realistic

Would rather having them playing for us than carrying drinks for England like they did with Leach.

It’s taken years do get back to division one and Potts is such a huge player for us.
I doubt they will both be carrying drinks at the same time. Potts in particular if he is not playing for England will play plenty for Durham like he did in the sumner. Carse a bit different as he is far less durable.
They will be two of the top earners and Durham can plan and utalise that money over 2 seasons that is a long time.

I think 2024 we will still see plenty of Potts/Carse. It would surely be good for their progression if they’re playing games in Div 1 for Durham. I can understand Carse may not play as much due to his injury past though.

Bizarre that Jofra Archer - who has not played. Much through injury - got in ahead of Willey.

No wonder he was pissed off.

The England set up seems keen to get Jofra in somehow.

Fine if he's fit and has gametime under his belt but I hope they don't pick him unless he's really ready.

The England set up seems keen to get Jofra in somehow.

Fine if he's fit and has gametime under his belt but I hope they don't pick him unless he's really ready.
id be very surprised if Jofra bowls anywhere close to what they think he will, Wood is by far the faster bowler consistently, not really sure why England seem to put so much stock in Archer,

One decent ashes and a World cup nearly 5 years ago

id be very surprised if Jofra bowls anywhere close to what they think he will, Wood is by far the faster bowler consistently, not really sure why England seem to put so much stock in Archer,

One decent ashes and a World cup nearly 5 years ago
They have invested so much into him, they will want him to play as much as possible.

Back