CCJ

Didn’t think you could remove them if you have a joint debt 💸
Not sure tbh but we'd been separated a few years and no joint debt when I had her taken off my file..... Annoying thing was that the ccj was for the sake of ÂŁ300 on an IKEA card the only one I'd forgot to change the address on..... And she lived in chaos so passed no post on even though I saw her every week

I have a ccj that i aquired during a very messy divorce that comes off next week.. it has caused me lots of problems with credit and getting ceartain jobs.. what i want to know is will my credit be repaired or will it linger on even once its gone..
Had one years ago, moved house and forgot about a one off purchase on BNPL.

Put up with shit credit for 7 years. The month it dropped off my Experian credit score went up a lot, can't remember the point change but I went from "high risk" to "good". Interest on cards I was eligible for more than halved.
Six years and gone
You sure it's six? Could have sworn mine was 7.

Edit: aye, it's six. I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Use checkmyfile website. It's the only one that gives you full access to all 3 credit reporting companies Experian TransUnion and Equifax. My score was terrible even tho I don't miss payments due to an error from car finance in 2019. Tried for ages to find out why it was so low then came across this site. It told me instantly. Called them up and questioned why it was down as a default and missed payment. Id sold the car anyway and they admitted it was their error. Having mortgage meeting next week and it's still on there but have proof it's their fault. Mortgage geezer says because I have their letter of guilt it won't affect my application now.

Use checkmyfile website. It's the only one that gives you full access to all 3 credit reporting companies Experian TransUnion and Equifax. My score was terrible even tho I don't miss payments due to an error from car finance in 2019. Tried for ages to find out why it was so low then came across this site. It told me instantly. Called them up and questioned why it was down as a default and missed payment. Id sold the car anyway and they admitted it was their error. Having mortgage meeting next week and it's still on there but have proof it's their fault. Mortgage geezer says because I have their letter of guilt it won't affect my application now.
i have a default as well or we have.. its from 2019 but cant remember the car or the company.. ive downloaded the checkmyfile app its great cheers.. there is some info on the default it is traced back to a company called uk insurance ltd which is the parent company of a few high street insurance companys.. but if you google uk insurance ltd there is no phone number no email nowt.. its a huge company but they have no way of contacting them its bizarre..

Back