CCJ

I have a ccj that i aquired during a very messy divorce that comes off next week.. it has caused me lots of problems with credit and getting ceartain jobs.. what i want to know is will my credit be repaired or will it linger on even once its gone..

I have a ccj that i aquired during a very messy divorce that comes off next week.. it has caused me lots of problems with credit and getting ceartain jobs.. what i want to know is will my credit be repaired or will it linger on even once its gone..
Off the top of my head I think it's cleared after a certain number of years.
There's systems to rebuild your credit, check out Martin Lewis.
Edit: CA have a page on it.

Remove an entry in the Register of Judgments, Orders and Fines
If your CCJ is over 6 years old it will no longer appear on the Register of Judgments, Orders and Fines, even if it hasn’t been paid.

You might be able to apply to have your entry in the Register removed if you can prove to the court that you don’t owe the debt, or if you paid the debt off within a month of getting the CCJ.

Last edited:
If it drops off your credit report (think it stays on for 6 years ) your score will sky rocket. I had issues from my prior marriage credit score was around 200-500 depending on the agency it’s not 999 with Experian and 550 with the others

I think they're automatically removed after 6 years.

Mate got in a similar situation from his first wife, apart from the marriage breaking down, she'd built up massive debts and ignored them.
He only found out when he tried to get a new mortgage deal and the whole thing came out.
They had bailiffs, CCJs and a general trashing of both of their credit scores.
Every time he thought he'd sorted everything, something else would pop up.

To get a mortgage he got a broker who found lenders that would accept him based on the fact that he had started divorce proceedings so he could stay in his house.
His current lender wanted some sort of extortionate monthly payment as he didn't qualify for any product that would make it affordable, despite him paying all their payments for the full term he'd been with them.
It was a right mess.

Mate got in a similar situation from his first wife, apart from the marriage breaking down, she'd built up massive debts and ignored them.
He only found out when he tried to get a new mortgage deal and the whole thing came out.

To get a mortgage he got a broker who found lenders that would accept him based on the fact that he had started divorce proceedings so he could stay in his house.
His current lender wanted some sort of extortionate monthly payment as he didn't qualify for any product that would make it affordable, despite him paying all their payments for the full term he'd been with them.
It was a right mess.
They always have an excuse. Lending institutions are, to my experience, without exception *****.

It was a right mess.

It was a right mess.
from what i can make out from my credit file is mine is from a bt account.. im thinking a broadband contract not being honoured or equipment not returned.. as you say it can get messy and both parties to blame really in my situation both refusing to pay stuff..

Make sure that the ex isnt linked on your credit file mine was and I had to have the link removed... And yes once the ccj is gone your score will sky rocket

will it drop off on all the credit scoring companys though? or is there anything i need to do?
It will. They can be a month or so behind visually. They can only record it for 6 years from the date the judgement is entered. In fairness I reckon if you ran soft searches a couple of months before (which you can do on them both) or on MSE, you might see things available to you. Toyota gave me a car on 0% with a default on my record at the time, though obviously that's fixed against an asset.

It's done automatically.

Ignore your score (when clear of defaults and CCJ's), there isn't a single financial instution in the land that see's it - it's made up. You are judged on your affordability.
cheers mate am more concerned about some work i cant do because of it i work in IT mainly pos and epos tills shop hardware back office stuff but a lot of work is in atm repairs which i cant do because of it..

cheers mate am more concerned about some work i cant do because of it i work in IT mainly pos and epos tills shop hardware back office stuff but a lot of work is in atm repairs which i cant do because of it..

As of next week it won't be visible to anyone, it will disappear. You'll soon be stowed off :lol:

Six years and gone

Back