CC : Worcestershire v Durham

A good day’s cricket that, finally the season is away. It’s good to enjoy a battle between bat and ball for a change because that at Edgbaston last week was turgid crap.

It’s advantage Durham at present, but there isn’t much in it. I think the lads will be delighted having taken 4 wickets at the end of the day, but I still feel we’re about 60 runs short of par. Hopefully Raine and Potts can nip a few more out before Lunch tomorrow and we can gain a first innings lead.

Three batsmen played on today, so I wonder if the pitch is a little two-paced. It definitely seemed like our lads tried to bowl more wicket to wicket stuff in that final session, which suits Raine down to the ground. He was very stingy with the overs he sent down and he’s at his best when he does that. It will be interesting to see how well the pitch holds up across the next couple of days, but aslong as it doesn’t start going up and down I’d back our lads to make a better fist of batting second time around.

A good day’s cricket that, finally the season is away. It’s good to enjoy a battle between bat and ball for a change because that at Edgbaston last week was turgid crap.

It’s advantage Durham at present, but there isn’t much in it. I think the lads will be delighted having taken 4 wickets at the end of the day, but I still feel we’re about 60 runs short of par. Hopefully Raine and Potts can nip a few more out before Lunch tomorrow and we can gain a first innings lead.

Three batsmen played on today, so I wonder if the pitch is a little two-paced. It definitely seemed like our lads tried to bowl more wicket to wicket stuff in that final session, which suits Raine down to the ground. He was very stingy with the overs he sent down and he’s at his best when he does that. It will be interesting to see how well the pitch holds up across the next couple of days, but aslong as it doesn’t start going up and down I’d back our lads to make a better fist of batting second time around.
Also to add the umpires gave 5 legsidish LBWs.

Ones on another day may not have been given. Consistent at least I guess.

Not batting last may be huge

He doesn't seem to host the monthly Members forums now as well.
forum "meeting in which people can talk about a problem or matter especially of public interest"
We don't hold forums any longer, they're simply interviews with players. Can't have the Luddites asking questions to which management can't supply answers.

Back