CC : Worcestershire v Durham

You don't really criticise others much its bizarre

I do get what you're saying about Scott but using examples of people to come in who were worse than him eg Jones or people who aren't openers or who haven't looked up to it in limited opportunities or who aren't great full stop coughlin isn't the answer
Now is a new season. McKinney is obviously well thought of as he was captain a few weeks ago and Jones did the busines this week which is all he can do. I'm a strong believer in performance and not so much with sentiment and that applies to every single player. You will have noticed I'm critical of the bowling of Carse, I don't see what England see to be honest hence I'm not arsed he's missing this game though the reasoning is embarrassing. If I don't think a player is performing well I'll call it out as merely my own opinion, that doesn't mean to say I hate that player. I hope Borthwick scores 300 next innings

Now is a new season. McKinney is obviously well thought of as he was captain a few weeks ago and Jones did the busines this week which is all he can do. I'm a strong believer in performance and not so much with sentiment and that applies to every single player. You will have noticed I'm critical of the bowling of Carse, I don't see what England see to be honest hence I'm not arsed he's missing this game though the reasoning is embarrassing. If I don't think a player is performing well I'll call it out as merely my own opinion, that doesn't mean to say I hate that player. I hope Borthwick scores 300 next innings
Surely if you don't take last season into account you shouldn't be overly critical based on 3 innings you also shouldn't be overly critical on carse then as well.

Surely if you don't take last season into account you shouldn't be overly critical based on 3 innings you also shouldn't be overly critical on carse then as well.
With regards to Carse I don't think it's a Durham issue. I think England are "coaching" him and it's a massive concern. It's no secret I'm not a fan of the England bowling setup. They are "coaching" him to be something he isn't and I believe at present he's a bigger asset with the bat.

With regards to Carse I don't think it's a Durham issue. I think England are "coaching" him and it's a massive concern. It's no secret I'm not a fan of the England bowling setup. They are "coaching" him to be something he isn't and I believe at present he's a bigger asset with the bat.
It's madness that they give him a central contract his bowling hasn't been anywhere near good enough to play for England.
Think its good that we have Jones who had a decent knock the other day maybe putting a bit pressure on, rather than having a batsman who might be struggling for runs with no replacement available
Don't think there is much pressure especially when Scott is captain

McKinney ain't ready for Division One Cricket at the moment mind.

I think he needs to work on some consistency first. Put a run of scores together.

For Durham, England U19s, Durham Seconds, Tuskers in the past 18 months. He's not managed it.

Definitely a talented player there though. I'd like to think the One Day Cup could be the making of him this year if he opens instead of middle order.

Last edited:
It's madness that they give him a central contract his bowling hasn't been anywhere near good enough to play for England.

Don't think there is much pressure especially when Scott is captain
No maybe not yet, but nice to have options, same as we do with bowlers atm where we can alternate and give people a rest etc

Good recovery following a very shaky start, it’s good to read the thread in a more ‘sober’ light an hour or so after the storm has passed :lol:

I reckon them last two wickets if there was DRS would be umpires call.

Ackermann was probably missing mind. Hard to tell the image isn't very sharp.

De leede gone too that was similar but defs a 3 reds job.

Not sure this was the right decision(but we shall see once the other teams gets their go). But been good movement off the pitch for Worcs.

Last edited:
Went out at lunch back in to see last two wickets of current collapse
It looks like we need another Matty Ton and at least one other from Raine or Robinson to get a reasonable score

You said it too soon :lol:

Hate a chop on

Hardly, I was commenting on the session that had finished.

That Ackermann dismissal was a joke, it was a half arsed appeal because even the fielding side knew it was missing leg.
Utter shit. Starting to wonder if we’re not as equipped for the top flight as I thought.

We’re playing on a club ground with a trigger happy umpire - calm the crisis talk for atleast a couple of days.

Last edited:
Hardly, I was commenting on the session that had finished.

That Ackermann dismissal was a joke, it was a half arsed appeal because even the fielding side knew it was missing leg.

We’re playing on a club ground with a trigger happy umpire - calm the crisis talk for atleast a couple of days.
The commentators curse is a real thing!!!!

Otherwise us sports fans are all just mental.

Back