CC: Northants v Durham

Well after our excellent victory at Lords we're really at the business end of the season now with our vital trip on Monday to second placed Northants who lie 14 points ahead of us.

While our rise up the table is well documented on here our opponents have sort of sneaked up the table almost unnoticed and have lost only 2 games and even though they've only won 4 they do seem to accumulate a lot of batting points (34) as opposed to our 19. We are now 9 pts behind Gloucs who of course play Northants in the final round and 2 pts ahead of the rejuvenated Sussex.

Our home game with them in June ended in a draw in bloody freezing weather after we recovered from 18-4 to get to 253 thanks to a record 8th wicket stand between Raine and Carse but the last two days were then washed out which was inkeeping with the weather for the game here last season which didnt see a ball being bowled- let's hope we dont have that scenario this time!

Vasconcelos who scored an unbeaten century at the Riverside was ruled out for the season in July but they have recently signed Gareth Berg from Hampshite and NZ Test all rounder Doug Bracewell for the last three games.

Sanderson and Hutton always seem to do well against us but hey their batsmen will have been given something to think about by Carse, Rushy and Raine.

No team news at this early stage but obviously we will have our own Kiwi BJ Watling making his debut and we wish him and all the lads all the best in this vital game.

HA'WAY THE LADS YOU CAN DO IT !!!

Biggest game for DCCC since our demotion. What a feat it would be if we could gain promotion against all the odds. This group of players have consistently proved us wrong this year. Some real talent emerging amongst the young lads and a few shrewd signings all make it possible. I'm biased but it would be the biggest story in domestic cricket around the world if we could pull this off.

Biggest game for DCCC since our demotion. What a feat it would be if we could gain promotion against all the odds. This group of players have consistently proved us wrong this year. Some real talent emerging amongst the young lads and a few shrewd signings all make it possible. I'm biased but it would be the biggest story in domestic cricket around the world if we could pull this off.
It would certainly be quite a comeback, and a real "Fuck you" to the FTECB :)
It's a good position to be in, and no matter what happens from here, I would say this team have done us proud this season. Ha'way Durham!

Done so well to get to this position

Getting Div 1 would be huge, would show people we are back, and might help get the 1 or 2 top quality domestic signings we still need

Ben Raine and Eckersley have been really good signings, but you have to give credit to the coaching staff

I've even seen real clarity in the T20, it was just some of the worst collapses in the history of cricket that cocked us up! That Steel and Short partnership is the best we have had, only rivaled by Rocky and Mustard

Done so well to get to this position

Getting Div 1 would be huge, would show people we are back, and might help get the 1 or 2 top quality domestic signings we still need

Ben Raine and Eckersley have been really good signings, but you have to give credit to the coaching staff

I've even seen real clarity in the T20, it was just some of the worst collapses in the history of cricket that cocked us up! That Steel and Short partnership is the best we have had, only rivaled by Rocky and Mustard

Ben Duckett is just the type of career we have a habit of turning round. Would be a sweet pick-up from Notts as well. :lol:

Ben Duckett is just the type of career we have a habit of turning round. Would be a sweet pick-up from Notts as well. :lol:

Hameed is available like, surely worth ago? although he looks miles of county class currently

I was kind of surprised we didn't go for Jack Leaning who left Yorkshire for Kent, just up the road for him.

Actually think we need another opening ball bowler.

Borthwick too is a possibility I reckon.

Hameed is available like, surely worth ago? although he looks miles of county class currently

I was kind of surprised we didn't go for Jack Leaning who left Yorkshire for Kent, just up the road for him.

Actually think we need another opening ball bowler.

Borthwick too is a possibility I reckon.

I think Hameed needs a break from the game, he's looked like a boy lost on and off the pitch. A year in club cricket might do him a world of good.

I think Hameed needs a break from the game, he's looked like a boy lost on and off the pitch. A year in club cricket might do him a world of good.
The word from some of my family who are Lancs supporters is that it's a break from his father that he needs. 6 months off then get him in the winter nets.

Uncontested toss, we bowl.

Starts at 10.45am.

• Alex Lees
  • Cameron Steel
  • Angus Robson
  • BJ Watling
  • Jack Burnham
  • Scott Steel
  • Ned Eckersley(c)(wk)
  • Ben Raine
  • Brydon Carse
  • Matthew Salisbury