CC: Leicestershire v Durham

Post match quote from Ben Raine:

"I wasn't sure what to expect when I came back here. But as soon as I walked into the ground it was strong emotions again. I had six great years here and to be back here was special and I really enjoyed it.

"Hassan Azad has scored a weight of runs this year. I have played a lot of university games against him and every year he got runs against us. I knew he would be key to this innings and bat time, but I knew if I could get that end open we could go through them. Getting him was a massive wicket and a big moment in the game.

"It is the biggest turnaround in a match I have seen in my career. We let ourselves down in the first innings but we were quick to hold our hands up. The lads stepped up with Bancroft's 100, and 90s for Lees and night watchman Rimmington set us up. It is one of the better wins I have had in my career.

"We knew we had a massive few weeks with three straight away games. We are looking positively towards the rest of the season and I think we are genuine promotion contenders."

Short memory, must’ve forgot this one......

Durham v Leicestershire - Cricket - BBC Sport

;)

How many games this year in the CC?

And, I'm not looking at promotion but I will if I can see good batting contributions from nos 3,4 and 5. Too reliant on Bancroft and Lees and no doubt one will go through a bad patch at sometime.

How many games this year in the CC?

And, I'm not looking at promotion but I will if I can see good batting contributions from nos 3,4 and 5. Too reliant on Bancroft and Lees and no doubt one will go through a bad patch at sometime.

14 marra. 5 left.

Again, I’m still not getting giddy - but the players and coaches will absolutely have promotion as their aim now.

I’d say we need a minimum of 3 wins.

Last edited:

Back