CC: Durham vs Worcs

I know a lot of us have our little cricket superstitions so after some persuading, and after 3 wins and 2 draws from the 5 games since I started my first Durham County championship thread I'll do this one (mods feel free to merge with Parkside's if need be).

Well after the excellent victory against Leics we find ourselves in 5th place with 95 pts from 9 games while Worcestershire are 11 points behind in 8th with a game in hand.
Tbh I think it'll be Lancs and any 2 from the rest but we'll see.

Worcs' coach Alex Gidman yesterday said that,'It's generally a result wicket at Durham'...which may be in contention for understatement of the year.:eek:

I would imagine Carse will come in for young Campbell but can't really see any other changes to a winning team even though there's a couple who are out of sorts.

Forecast is dry with sunny spells.

Perfect opportunity for folk who can't get to mid week games with a Saturday start but as has been pointed out there's the Big Meeting and then on Sunday there's another big event...and I'm not talking about the Men's Singles Final:lol::lol:.

Having sat through all the 1979,87 and 92 Finals I shall be sitting in the stands watching Durham and maybe popping into The Sticky Wicket for a swift half:D

Oh and there's a Members Forum at close of play on Sunday although it wouldnt suprise me if this was possibly moved.

Haway The Lads! (Durham and England).

I know a lot of us have our little cricket superstitions so after some persuading, and after 3 wins and 2 draws from the 5 games since I started my first Durham County championship thread I'll do this one (mods feel free to merge with Parkside's if need be).

Well after the excellent victory against Leics we find ourselves in 5th place with 95 pts from 9 games while Worcestershire are 11 points behind in 8th with a game in hand.
Tbh I think it'll be Lancs and any 2 from the rest but we'll see.

Worcs' coach Alex Gidman yesterday said that,'It's generally a result wicket at Durham'...which may be in contention for understatement of the year.:eek:

I would imagine Carse will come in for young Campbell but can't really see any other changes to a winning team even though there's a couple who are out of sorts.

Forecast is dry with sunny spells.

Perfect opportunity for folk who can't get to mid week games with a Saturday start but as has been pointed out there's the Big Meeting and then on Sunday there's another big event...and I'm not talking about the Men's Singles Final:lol::lol:.

Having sat through all the 1979,87 and 92 Finals I shall be sitting in the stands watching Durham and maybe popping into The Sticky Wicket for a swift half:D

Oh and there's a Members Forum at close of play on Sunday although it wouldnt suprise me if this was possibly moved.

Haway The Lads! (Durham and England).
What a week we’ve had with the cricket. Long may it continue

Hope so!!

Is the Stottie gadgey still getting to games?

Just had a look at that website for Sticky Wicket. Surely £6 for porridge and £7 for Granola MUST be a f***ing typo :eek:

The Stottie Co. disappeared after a couple of matches last season never to be seen again.

I'm sure The Sticky Wicket's menu is slightly cheaper on match days. The breakfast served between 10-11 is supposed to be reasonable.

Not suprisingly the club has announced that the Members forum scheduled for close of play on Sunday evening has now be moved to Monday evening.

Last edited:
The Stottie Co. disappeared after a couple of matches last season never to be seen again.

I'm sure The Sticky Wicket's menu is slightly cheaper on match days. The breakfast served between 10-11 is supposed to be reasonable.

Not suprisingly the club has announced that the Members forum scheduled for close of play on Sunday evening has now be moved to Monday evening.
The Sticky Wicket "cricket breakfast" is tremendous. £5 for a full English breakfast and a tea or coffee, served from 9am-11am.

If you’re looking for a bite before play get ya self to Chester le street golf club the new chef there does immense bait like

Just seen the forecast for tomorrow isn’t as good as it was. :neutral:

Best just to see what it's like in the morning mate.

The forecasters have not got a clue.

On the positive side-if it's showery on Saturday there's more chance of play on Monday and Tuesday.:D

I’m convinced branners is Bob Willis :lol:

Me too although I feel I must point out that I'm not Ottis Gibson.:lol:

Last edited:

On the positive side-if it's showery on Saturday there's more chance of play on Monday and Tuesday.:D
Cheers,
Yeah....I’m edging towards Monday, what with the Big Meeting being on as well. I’ll check in the morning and see. Either way I’ll be there sometime during this game!

Me too although I feel I must point out that I'm not Ottis Gibson.:lol:
:lol::lol::lol:

The Pears Squad

Darryl Mitchell
Josh Dell
Callum Ferguson
Riki Wessels
Ross Whiteley
Ed Barnard
Ben Cox (w)
Brett D’Oliveira
Joe Leach ©
Dillon Pennington
Charlie Morris
Adam Finch

Expect Wessels to continue his love of scoring runs against us :confused:

No word yet from Durham about our squad, which comes as absolutely no surprise obviously.

I expect Carse will replace Campbell mind, the Leicestershire trip was as I understand a case of managing Carse’s workload and going off Campbell’s tweet this week it appeared to be the tweet of someone who knows he was in the side for a good time rather than a long time. For the time being atleast.

Pringle scored a century for the 2’s this week and I’d give him serious consideration for tomorrow - perhaps put him in ahead of Clark. I doubt we’ll see that though.

Last edited:
Carse to open the bowling with Rushy, and maybe Pringle in for Clark or Burnham to bolster the middle order? Gives us another spin option, as Trevaskis has been more effective with the bat than the ball

Back