CC : Durham v Hampshire

If the umpires are that confident that there’ll be play, why not have lunch at 11:30 or 12. Are they unaware that there’s rain on the way, or will they be bemused when it eventually falls from the sky

If the umpires are that confident that there’ll be play, why not have lunch at 11:30 or 12. Are they unaware that there’s rain on the way, or will they be bemused when it eventually falls from the sky
Completely agreed the lack of common sense all the time is so bad.

However looking at forecast there's got to be no hope of play.

Completely agreed the lack of common sense all the time is so bad.

However looking at forecast there's got to be no hope of play.

In fact, lunch shouldn’t be considered on day 4 when a ball hasn't been bowled. Do they sit in the dressing rooms for 2 hours twiddling their thumbs waiting for the lunch bell to ring. Surely they eat in a rain delay.

i never really got this with the CC, yes i know theres chance of bonus points but after 3 days of nothing day 4 is a total waste, you arent getting a result, should have saved the away team the extra night in the hotel costs and just sent them home yesterday

If you can get on the ground and get bonus points that could contribute to winning something come the end of the season.

Earliest they can take lunch is 12:30, iirc.

Last edited:
I'm still at a loss to fathom out why they needed another pitch inspection on Friday when the pitch was a saturation level. I do sometimes wonder about County Cricket, there is no common sense and the communication is piss poor. From a members point of view it doesn't really fill you with much confidence.

Last edited:

Back