CC :: Durham v Gloucesteshire

Our first home Championship game against them since 2003:eek:....one of the few occasions in our history where the rain saved us from defeat.
The team that day was Lewis,Gough, Pratt,Wells,Peng,Law,Pratt,Srinath, Phillips,
Pretorius and Harmison.

Time to give Scott Steel and Carse a go.

Our first home Championship game against them since 2003:eek:....one of the few occasions in our history where the rain saved us from defeat.
The team that day was Lewis,Gough, Pratt,Wells,Peng,Law,Pratt,Srinath, Phillips,
Pretorius and Harmison.

Strange Scott didn't play in the last game

Changes are coming

Such as?

Maybe Pringle for Trevaskis, Scott Steel for Cameron Steel, Weighell for Potts, Carse (if fit) for Salisbury but all feels like deckchairs on the Titanic. There just isn't enough depth in quality when our best players aren't performing.

Pretorius and Harmison.

That side would probably score more runs than our current one.

All-rounders Brydon Carse & Ryan Pringle return to Durham’s 13-man squad for the Specsavers County Championship match against Gloucestershire at Emirates Riverside.

Cameron Steel & Matthew Potts are the two to make way from the defeat at Worcestershire.

Cameron Bancroft (c), Alex Lees, Gareth Harte, Graham Clark, Jack Burnham, Ned Eckersley (wk), Liam Trevaskis, Ben Raine, Brydon Carse, Ryan Pringle, James Weighell, Matt Salisbury, Chris Rushworth

Pringle to open

All-rounders Brydon Carse & Ryan Pringle return to Durham’s 13-man squad for the Specsavers County Championship match against Gloucestershire at Emirates Riverside.

Cameron Steel & Matthew Potts are the two to make way from the defeat at Worcestershire.

Cameron Bancroft (c), Alex Lees, Gareth Harte, Graham Clark, Jack Burnham, Ned Eckersley (wk), Liam Trevaskis, Ben Raine, Brydon Carse, Ryan Pringle, James Weighell, Matt Salisbury, Chris Rushworth

Pringle to open

interesting. got to try something like

Fair enough decisions. I don't think it would be fair to ask Scott Steel to open in the championship probably setting the lad up to fail.
They have to play Carse even if they are trying to look after him. The side is full of bowlers do they can limit his work load

Fair enough decisions. I don't think it would be fair to ask Scott Steel to open in the championship probably setting the lad up to fail.
They have to play Carse even if they are trying to look after him. The side is full of bowlers do they can limit his work load
Agree on bowlers. Carse instead of Potts smells to me like a rotation.

Also agree on Scott Steel not opening, I don't think he opened for the seconds.

Agree on bowlers. Carse instead of Potts smells to me like a rotation.

Also agree on Scott Steel not opening, I don't think he opened for the seconds.
I would like to see him playing but batting at 5 or 6. He opened in the one day side because he liked to play his shots.
To be honest Bancroft should be opening that's his trade. Not sure why we are protecting the overseas pro.

Steel hasn't looked the same player since being asked to open, hopefully someone can nail down the opening spot so he can back to 3

Back