CC Durham v Derbyshire

Massive confidence booster if nothing else. It would have been cruel on the Durham side if they had lost another tight match.

Absolutely, could be (hopefully) the making of our season. Good chance next week to get another positive result against a Northamptonshire side who’ve just changed their captain following their poor start.

Great runs for Lees, I’m sure it’s done him the world of good to get his first FC ton for us.

Great for Raine too, a matchwinning performance with the ball, his first real contribution for us - we can ignore his batting, but then it’s worth noting the character shown to bounce back from a poor showing with the bat to produce with the ball.

Should we praise the captaincy too? For his bowling changes and the setting up of the trap that removed Critchley? Or was that more to do with Rushy?

On the subject of Rushy, there he was again doing Rushy things :cool:

Back from the dead
I thought we had blown it by stupid batting at the neck end of our second innings
The shots by Raine ,Carse and Potts and a silly run out of Rushy I felt left us about 50 runs short and Derby while Godleman and later Critchley were at the crease looked to be cruising to an inevitable win
We hadn’t bowled well and in hindsight having less overs to bowl them out would have only led to a draw but when Critchley holed out to a bad ball from Rushy that proved to be the turning point.
Derbyshire collapsed in a way I thought was possible only by Durham and the lads gleefully grabbed their chance and won the game
Well done
I did think the game was sliding away

I think the best thing to come out of this match was Alex Lees.

He played well in the RLC and now he's recovering form in the Championship - his stats now don't look terrible.Not terrible may not be saying much but he was a player who had lost his way, he looks like he's finding it again and Durham will benefit.

I'm fairly confident the Bancroft's problem is in adjusting to local conditions, he'll come good eventually.

Now, what's with Cameron Steele?

First Durham County Championship thread I've started on here and look what happens!
Do I get the job?:lol::lol::lol:

Seriously though that game typifies why, for me, there is nothing quite like cricket.:D

Absolutely you get it Red. We needed new leadership - I might have contributed a Championship win years ago, but I’ve been failing for years now, best of luck in the Role marra :cool:

Back