CBD Osteoarthritis

Got Osteoarthritis in the hip, currently waiting for consultant appointment. Was diagnosed during Covid, had the MRI etc. Been on a couple of Codeine for last few years until recently, took them before bed. Had a recent bad dose of Athletes Foot so haven't exercised much,last time at consultants exercise was key to putting up with it. Now doing the Codeine 6 a day, cant sleep very well and think all the Codeine does is make tears when you want a shite! Feet fixed now but struggling to do 20 mins walking, sleep is toss and turn every night and I'm turning into a misery guts during the day.

Anyway been doing the Google and its telling me to see GP, apparently they won't prescribe it. Just wondering if anyone on wise SMB know anything about CBD? Try it or am I better off having a funny fag before bed?
I had arthritis in both hips, tried everything including canibus oil and the real thing. Tried all sorts of different pills etc, even been pissed as a fart didn’t take the pain away. The only thing that worked was having both hips replaced I am afraid

I had arthritis in both hips, tried everything including canibus oil and the real thing. Tried all sorts of different pills etc, even been pissed as a fart didn’t take the pain away. The only thing that worked was having both hips replaced I am afraid
This is what I'm thinking, consultant said turmeric cod liver oil etc etc was just giving me "Posh Piss"

Last edited:
GP said avoid internet and buy from reputable dealer :)

Mrs took that for psoriasis, fixed her then got told not to take during covid and its come back.
Yeah. It’s a drug used for cancer. Any other symptoms best not to use (there words) but working ok for me with odd flare in the worst spot. (A couple if fingers)

Got one hip done last year at 49yo from too much footy.
Should have done it earlier. They can do wonders nowadays. As said It was about 4-6 weeks and back to normal
I got told at 52 I was too young too much footy, 55 now put up with pain for 3 years now. Been referred again by GP in July, big waiting list, got a reply from consultant, going to ring them tommorrow

I’d say definitely use THC as you still get the benefits but get to enjoy them. Can get sweets, chocolates, crisps, vapes and liquid nowadays. If you know the right people that is.

Got Osteoarthritis in the hip, currently waiting for consultant appointment. Was diagnosed during Covid, had the MRI etc. Been on a couple of Codeine for last few years until recently, took them before bed. Had a recent bad dose of Athletes Foot so haven't exercised much,last time at consultants exercise was key to putting up with it. Now doing the Codeine 6 a day, cant sleep very well and think all the Codeine does is make tears when you want a shite! Feet fixed now but struggling to do 20 mins walking, sleep is toss and turn every night and I'm turning into a misery guts during the day.

Anyway been doing the Google and its telling me to see GP, apparently they won't prescribe it. Just wondering if anyone on wise SMB know anything about CBD? Try it or am I better off having a funny fag before bed?
I had a pain in my hip.. Turned out it was from cheap wheat.. Gluten or glyposate I think.. Changed diet and immediately vanished. CBD would just be a band aid to cover the underlying problem. Interesting I can eat wheat in spain with no problems. Also pain and inflammation gets into my hands. Happy to offer further advice If needed.

I know it gets mentioned a lot but peoples arthritis’s will improve if them joints are doing less work and people loose weight. Even a bit will improve symptoms
Mine came on all of a sudden, thought it was a problem with groin, I lost weight 122 Kg to 106 now. No improvement, I'm about 4kg short of being ok for my height. So no it does not improve symptoms, doing more work does work I know that, could lose another 8 kg but won't really help if the joint is effed will it?
I had a pain in my hip.. Turned out it was from cheap wheat.. Gluten or glyposate I think.. Changed diet and immediately vanished. CBD would just be a band aid to cover the underlying problem. Interesting I can eat wheat in spain with no problems. Also pain and inflammation gets into my hands. Happy to offer further advice If needed.
Wheat? Really? Diet has nothing to do with it I was told, taking supplements gave me posh piss said the consultant! Yes its a band aid, could go private £10000 plus

Last edited:
Mine came on all of a sudden, thought it was a problem with groin, I lost weight 122 Kg to 106 now. No improvement, I'm about 4kg short of being ok for my height. So no it does not improve symptoms, doing more work does work I know that, could lose another 8 kg but won't really help if the joint is effed will it?

Wheat? Really? Diet has nothing to do with it I was told, taking supplements gave me posh piss said the consultant! Yes its a band aid, could go private £10000 plus
My honest advice is change your diet for a week and listen to your body. What do you have. To loose? :)

I got an immediate positive response by stop eating cheap muesli for breakfast and switching to eating sweet potato with avocado on top.

İ currently make my own muesli and don't have any problems. I also stay well away from bread especially white bread.

Yes
Because the joint is under less stress
It’s not going to stop it hurting, it’s not going to turn the clock back but every kg pushing down on a joint that has already lost height is going to make it less painful

I got diagnosed with hip arthritis last December pretty much came on really suddenly. I’m the lowest weight I’ve been in years, really active. Never know pain like it, can’t sleep properly, struggling to walk although I plough through the pain. My life has changed massively.

Physio seem’s a waste of time, naproxen is rubbish. The pain clinic have given the green light on a cortisone injection.

Reckon I have to wait 15 year for a replacement, it’s so depressing being in constant pain.

My honest advice is change your diet for a week and listen to your body. What do you have. To loose? :)

I got an immediate positive response by stop eating cheap muesli for breakfast and switching to eating sweet potato with avocado on top.

İ currently make my own muesli and don't have any problems. I also stay well away from bread especially white bread.
I don't eat bread, that's main reason I lost weight, I don't do breakfast either, why would I eat muesli?
I got diagnosed with hip arthritis last December pretty much came on really suddenly. I’m the lowest weight I’ve been in years, really active. Never know pain like it, can’t sleep properly, struggling to walk although I plough through the pain. My life has changed massively.

Physio seem’s a waste of time, naproxen is rubbish. The pain clinic have given the green light on a cortisone injection.

Reckon I have to wait 15 year for a replacement, it’s so depressing being in constant pain.
15 yr? they told me 10 years the new hip would last at 52 or 53 I was too young

Last edited:
I got told at 52 I was too young too much footy, 55 now put up with pain for 3 years now. Been referred again by GP in July, big waiting list, got a reply from consultant, going to ring them tommorrow
Had my left one done on the first game of league one against Charlton 2018 aged 38 and second done 2020
Is that six weeks to full mobility ?
Yeah, can’t lie on your side for them six weeks either, only thing that give you some release from the pain and misery was tossing off 😂

Last edited:
Mine came on all of a sudden, thought it was a problem with groin.

Mine started in the groin from football. Took about 2 years for someone to realise It was in my hip then 3 years of gradually more pain before the op.
They did tell me to hold off until It started affecting everyday life, too Young for the op, that they only last 15 year etc. Pain was there from the beginning really but you soldier on by the end I there was a lot and really needed the op. Once that was over It was easy. Off crutches in a week, walking properly on two weeks. Back to work after 3.
Now a year on Im in the gym, cycle and play tenis. Even tried a few 5 a sides but shouldnt really.

I don't eat bread, that's main reason I lost weight, I don't do breakfast either, why would I eat muesli?

15 yr? they told me 10 years the new hip would last at 52 or 53 I was too young
Yeah I’m 43, they basically try to make you wait as long as possible.

I’ve got bone spurs aswell, pain consultant offered me Amitriptyline and said they will take me in for an ultrasound led cortisone.

Yeah I’m 43, they basically try to make you wait as long as possible.

I’ve got bone spurs aswell, pain consultant offered me Amitriptyline and said they will take me in for an ultrasound led cortisone.

Amitriptyline, got some off GP on Tuesday, took one at bedtime and felt really rough next day. Never bothered since, Took capsule CBD midday and one before bed, had best sleep for weeks

Last edited:

Back