Cattermole

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a strange one. A run of games earlier in the season he was fairly unanimously MOTM where he controlled the game and looked like a player from a higher division.

But that form seems to have been lost and he looks ordinary at best.

I guess it’s just form and it’s up to manager and player to remind it - mind same could be said for others, especially Gooch and McGeady

Won the MOTM poll versus Wimbledon this season with 93.6% of the vote. I reckon he bossed that game.[/QUOTE]
Well bum me. Give him another 6 year contract then. A game where we were battered in the first half by their physicality and went in a goal down. Only got man of the match for his goals and fair enough I suppose. It had only been a billion years since his last.

Was also MOTM vs Southend. Only other poll I could find where he played was Coventry, he was second behind McLaughlin.

His form is mixed. When he has played well this season he has been an influential player for us.

Not sure why there isn't a 10page thread on Max Power, who has been nowhere near as good this season.

I don' think Max Power has anyone saying he should be first on the teamsheet, is an inspirational leader, important member of the dressing room, captain, hundreds of games in the Premiership, bosses the midfield, is MOTM is lots of games he plays, and is undeserving of criticism and any criticising has an agenda/blinded by hate/isn't a Sunderand supporter/is a Mag/is a twot.

Could that be the reason?

Reactions: TAD
Not sure why there isn't a 10page thread on Max Power, who has been nowhere near as good this season.

Rightly or wrongly mate and not saying it’s right, but inevitably when a individual is receiving such a high amount in wages then a high performance is expected, and when that performance is no where near justifying them wages, questions and discussions are had.

I think that’s the answer to your question!

Reactions: TAD
I’d really like to see us play it on the ground more...hard to see who is up for it and composed with the ball when the ball is launched over the midfield constantly...I think our central midfielders are victims of style right now, it’s basically why every game someone says we missed a different player. No one makes a difference because they have very little influence on the game when they’re chasing a hoofed ball constantly.

I’d really like to see us play it on the ground more...hard to see who is up for it and composed with the ball when the ball is launched over the midfield constantly...I think our central midfielders are victims of style right now, it’s basically why every game someone says we missed a different player. No one makes a difference because they have very little influence on the game when they’re chasing a hoofed ball constantly.

I agree to a certain extent but I think that is often because of the central midfielders themselves. We play the ball around at the back. It tends to go out to a fullback and then down the wing. Having central midfielders that play the ball straight back to the centre half, only for them to then knock it to a fullback does nothing other than retain possession.

We need a central midfielder that will show for the ball and then play forwards. Interestingly on the two occasions that McGeouch did this on Tuesday night, we scored.

I agree to a certain extent but I think that is often because of the central midfielders themselves. We play the ball around at the back. It tends to go out to a fullback and then down the wing. Having central midfielders that play the ball straight back to the centre half, only for them to then knock it to a fullback does nothing other than retain possession.

We need a central midfielder that will show for the ball and then play forwards. Interestingly on the two occasions that McGeouch did this on Tuesday night, we scored.

We’ll then obviously Ross is ok with it, because he’s not addressing it. Even when we play it down the wings, the ball is being isolated. To me it looks like the last month, month and a half, we reverted back to the last 5 years of turning over possession cheaply, not supporting the ball and being unorganized. The keeper has bailed out the poor play of late...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back