Cataract surgery

Has my second eye done today.

By gone it’s uncomfortable and a nasty procedure but the benefits are massive.
Still a bit sore but now seeing in HD.

Anyone else had this?
Anyone it gone wrong!
Did they put a toric lense in mate?
Had a cornea graft and cataract done at 21. Got the other eye done at 35.
It’s a weird procedure when they freeze your eye.
I had both eyes done. Massive difference
Night vision is shite though marra.

I’ve had both eyes done, wouldn’t call it either an uncomfortable or nasty procedure, certainly a weird feeling though when procedure is underway

Mrs Fromalnwick had her right eye done at the Nuffield last Thursday. I've got to put two lots of drops in it, four times a day for a week. She didn't like the procedure.

Good stuff. The old man had his done recently. He said the surgeon told him he was one of 31 in the day. That is quite reassuring for anybody who might think it's the surgeon's first time. While that is fantastic with a girlfriend, it's not so great with some fecker putting a knife in your eye.

I had my right eye done 27/02/2021 then guess what hit, still waiting to be called in for my left eye. Before right eye done driving in sunbshine could have been lethal.

My mam's had both eyes done in recent years(one NHS, one private) and now an 86 year old has better eyesight than I do.

She went private for the first one as she'd been given a 9 month waiting time and the cataract was really affecting her life. Cost about £3000, I think. The second one wasn't so bad and the waiting time less so she was happy to wait.

My mam's had both eyes done in recent years(one NHS, one private) and now an 86 year old has better eyesight than I do.

She went private for the first one as she'd been given a 9 month waiting time and the cataract was really affecting her life. Cost about £3000, I think. The second one wasn't so bad and the waiting time less so she was happy to wait.
I was quote £200 Nuffield Norton.

I was quote £200 Nuffield Norton.

£2000 surely?

Can't remember the exact price but it was between 2-3 thousand in Darlo. Personally, I didn't that that was too bad. My mam said that the operation itself was identical but the pre- and post- care was better going private and she could choose the exact time and date of the operation while on the NHS you had to accept the date you were given and on the day had to sit in a waiting room until it was your turn.

£2000 surely?

Can't remember the exact price but it was between 2-3 thousand in Darlo. Personally, I didn't that that was too bad. My mam said that the operation itself was identical but the pre- and post- care was better going private and she could choose the exact time and date of the operation while on the NHS you had to accept the date you were given and on the day had to sit in a waiting room until it was your turn.
It was around £2000 at the Nuffield in Jesmond

Has my second eye done today.

By gone it’s uncomfortable and a nasty procedure but the benefits are massive.
Still a bit sore but now seeing in HD.

Anyone else had this?
Anyone it gone wrong!

I had both done at the Eye Infirmary within 2 weeks of each other

Given I couldn't see a glass on the bedside table without my contact lenses before they were done, it's been life changing.

I don't wear specs at all now though 10 years on my right eye vision is starting to blur slightly, which I getting checked out.

Back