Cash is King

I’ve just been reading an article about how much paper money is “ missing “ and not been cashed in after it was made obsolete.
The thing that surprised me however was cash still accounted for 15% of all payments in 2022, according to the latest available figures by banking trade body UK Finance
I don’t think I’m alone here when I say that cash isn’t king and I very very rarely use it but many must still use the portrait of the queen

I use it as much as possible. A cashless society will be absolute shit with the government able to monitor and control everything you spend. If you don't play the game they will just switch you off. In America they reserve the right to bear arms to protect their freedom while in this country we just bend over and say bring on the cashless society.

Last edited:
I use it as much as possible. A cashless society will be absolute shit with the government able to monitor and control everything you spend. If you don't play the game they will just switch you off. In America they reserve the right to bear arms to protect their freedom while in this country we just bend over and say bring on the cashless society.
You can still use it to buy tin foil

Not even my parents use cash these days , I use it for hair cuts and that's it.

Will probably take some to glastonbury just incase the network goes down

I'm still old fashioned then on this level, when home I go get 200 notes, use it for almost everything except food/clothes shopping and petrol. When It's running low, I'll go back the ATM and get another lump sum. I usually carry enough cash to cover the card payments, still in my head I'll get to scanning up the shopping and the card doesn't work, what then type attitude, despite the card has failed once in a blue moon.

Picked up a book in Watersones at the weekend and paid in cash. Got a language lesson tonight and will be paying cash. Thats a bit of a coincidence though, I don't usually pay for things in cash these days.

A cashless society will be absolute shit with the government able to monitor and control everything you spend. If you don't play the game they will just switch you off
how will they 'switch you off'?

Last edited:
How old are you if you dont mind me asking?
early 40's

I amended my post above btw, just to be clear I am not usually a cash person these days. That is really just by chance I have some cash in my wallet so used it on the weekend and will do tonight

Back