*~*~* Cardiff v Sunderland match thread *~*~*

Right now we are 7 points from 9th and 8 points from 8th. We have 7 games to make up 7-8 points to do that. That is equal to 2 wins and 2 draws. So 4 of our final 7 we have to win 2 and draw 2.

Mathematically tough given the rate at which we do win games and pick up points.

Astounded? Astonished is more like it.

Aye, only if the teams above us lose every game.

Well you must be seeing him in training or in secret games because for the most part, in midfield, since November time, he's been poor..too many touches, too passive, poor decision making . All things that can be coached out of a player. All things he can improve on. He has however got someone good qualities... He just doesn't show them enough.

But he's 18 and he'll be learning every day. I think by the time he's 21 he'll be a quality player. But he isn't that player now (understandably, cos he's 18)

There's no need to go over the top based on his good performance today
Well we'll have to agree to disagree, he's quality especially for his age and I missed most of the match today.

What a day! 6 hours to get there (190 miles from Essex) got in the ground as the second goal went in, ordinarily i would have been mighty pissed off missing any goal but i was just delighted to be winning. Only saw the last hour but i would say Neil was outstanding, Ekwah was how he used to be and so much better than he has been lately, same could be said about Hume. Defence looked much better, O'Nein was excellent but motm was Bellingham for me. I've been calling for him to replace the hapless Burstow up front for a while. Everyone grafted and put a shift in, given how poorly we have been playing I can't believe how well we played today, could easily have been 5 or 6. Only 3 hours to get home.... thank the lord

What a day! 6 hours to get there (190 miles from Essex) got in the ground as the second goal went in, ordinarily i would have been mighty pissed off missing any goal but i was just delighted to be winning. Only saw the last hour but i would say Neil was outstanding, Ekwah was how he used to be and so much better than he has been lately, same could be said about Hume. Defence looked much better, O'Nein was excellent but motm was Bellingham for me. I've been calling for him to replace the hapless Burstow up front for a while. Everyone grafted and put a shift in, given how poorly we have been playing I can't believe how well we played today, could easily have been 5 or 6. Only 3 hours to get home.... thank the lord

Where are you in Essex m8?

Astounded. That was one of our best performances of the season. Just leave Jobe up front, he has better movement than anyone else in that position at the club at the moment.

How has he not featured more?

He wasn’t ready, but you could see he had quality. I questioned if he was going to adapt to the physicality for the championship and play in a disciplined way and today he dispelled all those concerns. Still think he’s weak defensively around the box, but hopefully they will tighten that up

Congratulations on the win today!
That’s twice you’ve battered us this season and lord knows how we got the three points out of the six.

Football really is a cruel mistress at times, particularly for me after the Wales game the other day.

I feel like I’m done with it…
I guess that we get up, dust ourselves off and go again.

Good luck for the rest of the season 👍

Congratulations on the win today!
That’s twice you’ve battered us this season and lord knows how we got the three points out of the six.

Football really is a cruel mistress at times, particularly for me after the Wales game the other day.

I feel like I’m done with it…
I guess that we get up, dust ourselves off and go again.

Good luck for the rest of the season 👍
Are you Steve Bruce in disguise!

Back