Car set on fire - Southwick

Woke up at 2am to the bright lights and noises of a fire engine pulling into the street to put out someone’s Audi A3 that was on fire over the road. Completely torched and looked like the whole house was on fire when I looked out the window but it was just that big. Front of the house is now tinged as well like.

Can’t wait to be out of the place next week! Horrible place

Woke up at 2am to the bright lights and noises of a fire engine pulling into the street to put out someone’s Audi A3 that was on fire over the road. Completely torched and looked like the whole house was on fire when I looked out the window but it was just that big. Front of the house is now tinged as well like.

Used to be a nightly occurence back in the day. People these days will winge about anything :lol:

Have they arrested anyone for it?

Even Suddickers were scared of Ridley Street back then
We lived in a flat where the new school is now. I can't remember the name of the street out the back that ran parallel between Shakespeare Street and Beaumont Street, but we were on the corner so pretty much backed onto it. Between them two streets there was always something on fire.

My Nana lived at the top of Shakespeare Street, I hated walking up there past all the squares. Character building if nowt else :lol:

I once fixed a tele in Dyre Square, or was it Dire. I think it’s gone now, what a dump. They offered me a cup of tea which they wouldn’t let me refuse. The cup was badly cracked, stained dark brown, the tea tasted like red lead and sour milk. I wasn’t right for a week. I fixed the tele though. We have nothing like that in South Shields though there was a house in Horden that ran it very close.

Last edited:
We lived in a flat where the new school is now. I can't remember the name of the street out the back that ran parallel between Shakespeare Street and Beaumont Street, but we were on the corner so pretty much backed onto it. Between them two streets there was always something on fire.

My Nana lived at the top of Shakespeare Street, I hated walking up there past all the squares. Character building if nowt else :lol:
Cato square?

Is Croziers classed as Southwick?...if so it has a great fish and chip shop to its name!

No doubt it’s a tiny minority ruining it for everyone, and a sign that the neglect of less well-off communities by the government and society is having a damaging effect. I hope things turn around for the people of Southwick soon

Back