Car leasing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aye, yet some people still see driving an Audi as some sort of status symbol. Pretty much anyone working can afford one if they really want one.

Fair play to the baseball capped young-uns.

I had a shitty Renault 5 for 7 years. These young punks have gangster 2 litre diesels to cruise around in.

After that i will go and rent a house when i want to buy one. Since they are the same

:lol:

You are just thinking from your point of view. (and as mentioned 99% of PCP are actually just rentals because no one pays the balloon at the end, they hand the car back to it's owner).

From the big companies view it's all the same.

:lol:

You are just thinking from your point of view. (and as mentioned 99% of PCP are actually just rentals because no one pays the balloon at the end, they hand the car back to it's owner).

From the big companies view it's all the same.
PCP balloon payments are irrelevant to me as that is not what my contract has. Therefore it is different.

Resurrecting and old (and in places entertaining) thread here. Anyone leased a car recently and have recommendations for a broker or other source? Any tales of woe before I sign up for a lease deal?

Resurrecting and old (and in places entertaining) thread here. Anyone leased a car recently and have recommendations for a broker or other source? Any tales of woe before I sign up for a lease deal?
Only tale of woe at the minute might the wait for vehicles due to the impending WLTP (emissions & MPG) tests for new cars. VW group are quoting up to 9 months for delivery on some vehicles

What are WLTP and RDE? New fuel tests explained

Only tale of woe at the minute might the wait for vehicles due to the impending WLTP (emissions & MPG) tests for new cars. VW group are quoting up to 9 months for delivery on some vehicles

What are WLTP and RDE? New fuel tests explained
Ouch, I was told 5-6 months on the VW Arteon I enquired about, which is bad enough. Not sure I could handle a 9 month wait...

Car Leasing Deals & Contract Hire | Contract Hire And Leasing
Have a look on here. It's a comparison site and if you know what you're looking for you should be able to find a good deal. The differences in some identical deals can be substantial.
Thanks - already been looking there. Am guessing it's pretty inconsequential which leasing broker you actually go through, as they probably all end up with the manufacturer's finance arm or a dealer group anyway?

Ouch, I was told 5-6 months on the VW Arteon I enquired about, which is bad enough. Not sure I could handle a 9 month wait...

Thanks - already been looking there. Am guessing it's pretty inconsequential which leasing broker you actually go through, as they probably all end up with the manufacturer's finance arm or a dealer group anyway?
I'm not too sure to be honest. I just know that some of the prices for the same things are miles apart.

Put in the manufacturer and model you're looking for and any other knowns (fuel type, transmission etc,) then whittle them down using the price range dropdown. It worked well for me.

Not sure on other manufacturers but I only found out that as was talking to the fleet lady at a VW dealer and she was saying they are getting longer and longer lead times.

CH&L and WhatCar leasing section also have the ability to click "in stock" vehicles but these may be pre-facelit models. Depends what you are looking for.

I have found with leasing that you should be open to all makes/models as deals come up and disappear quickly. Definitely register on here ( Best Lease Car Deals Available? (Vol 6) - Page 1 - Car Buying - PistonHeads ) for an idea of good deals floating around

@The Great Soprendo there are some people who work for brokers and manufacturers fleet side who post on there who are good for advice

Last edited:
Nothing but positives I got VW Scotswood road to match what a broker offered and I picked the car up form them. The return was painless and very cheap for the damage the car had. I'd 100% do it again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back