Car insurance

offshore

Midfield
car insurance is up for renewal next month but quotations seem very high this year. Using the usual sites but is there any that don’t use the comparison sites that do good deals? Last year was £450 for the year and this year it’s over £600.. full no claims and garage and stuff for my Volvo. Any tips to get it down?

Run a quote on Confused.com then go on topcashback and see if any of the ones on confused are offering cashback. Run a quote directly with the cheapest via topcashback. Works every year for me.

Does anyone else in your household drive? We halved the price of our insurance by going with admiral multi car 4 years ago. Been with them since.

Run a quote on Confused.com then go on topcashback and see if any of the ones on confused are offering cashback. Run a quote directly with the cheapest via topcashback. Works every year for me.

I did this , ended up staying with current insurer as when I rang to cancel told them I had a cheaper quote which they matched and also offer of £70 cash back for which they sent me out a check. Well worth taking an hour or so to use comparison sites - advice though don’t put your real mobile number in when getting quotes , you can always change it with the provider you choose but triggers a lot of nuisance calls

car insurance is up for renewal next month but quotations seem very high this year. Using the usual sites but is there any that don’t use the comparison sites that do good deals? Last year was £450 for the year and this year it’s over £600.. full no claims and garage and stuff for my Volvo. Any tips to get it down?

install a dashcam. some not all offer a discount. could be good protection for yourself in any case

Does anyone else in your household drive? We halved the price of our insurance by going with admiral multi car 4 years ago. Been with them since.
like admiral. somebody rear ended my scooter at the Houghton cut. By the time the recovery truck took me and my bike home, the offender driver had already been in touch with them. admiral was on the phone stating they want to talk about the matter as yet, but advised me to go to hospital to get checked out and get some rest.

next day they called and made arrangements to collect the bike. 2 days after bike collected, they offered to discuss the case as the bike was a write off, we had a bit of offer, counter offer so to speak and reached a settlement.

tried to go with them this year. as I wanted to transfer the insurance into my wifes name, they would not honour the no claims. they offered a discount to make it the same. couldn't protect the no claims and next year no guarantee of being offered a similar discount, so didn't go with them

True that. Always someone stealing to fund a drug habit or something else.

When I used to park my car at my gfs old house I used to leave it unlocked glovebox and centre console open. Nothing inside the car worth stealing and couldn't be arsed paying for a new roof or window

They've gone up for everyone basically.

This.

I imagine actuaries use the same kind of data that I do for work. I'm moving from an area considered to be worse for crime than 96% of the UK, to one that's considered to be better than 50% of the UK. My new place ranks better than my old on literally everything.

Insurance goes up. How? f***ing how?!

Any actuaries/Dick Turpins in suits on here to tell me why?

Back