Car hits pedestrians in Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Been a f***ing terrible year this for bad things happening

To be fair, cars hit pedestrians every single day. It says something about modern society that such incidents rarely make it to the national news, or find much traction on social media.

Is it any more or less of a tragedy if the driver is an Islamist extremist, right-wing extremist or a bad driver? Somehow I doubt this incident will generate many viral Facebook memes. And there'll be no tweet from Donald Trump.

Drive down that road a few times a week, wouldn't be surprised if the driver had been distracted by the amount of litter that blows around the place.

To be fair, cars hit pedestrians every single day. It says something about modern society that such incidents rarely make it to the national news, or find much traction on social media.

Is it any more or less of a tragedy if the driver is an Islamist extremist, right-wing extremist or a bad driver? Somehow I doubt this incident will generate many viral Facebook memes. And there'll be no tweet from Donald Trump.

It's more of a tragedy if someone does it intentionally for whatever reason than if it is simply a bad driver. In my opinion.

I'm amazed this hasn't happened before now. Driving along Westgate Road/West Road is a hairy experience at the best of times. Like the Wacky Races.

According to people posting it was a Muslim woman hit a child in Mosque car park accidentally, people screamed, she panicked and subsequently managed to hit a group who went to help. One child badly hurt, presumably the one she hit first, the rest are just minor injuries.

Reckon armed police were on scene with in 4 mins. Not needed but canny response time.

This is just off fb posts from Muslims leaving the mosque.

My old driving instructor told me once that it's quite common for inexperienced drivers to put their foot on the accelerator instead of the breaks when they panic. Sounds like something along those lines here.

I meant it's been pretty grim year in general not just cars hitting people. We've had numerous terrorist attacks in London, the Manchester bombing, the fire at Glenfell. Just seems like one bad thing after another this year.

My old driving instructor told me once that it's quite common for inexperienced drivers to put their foot on the accelerator instead of the breaks when they panic. Sounds like something along those lines here.

Lass I was seeing 20 odd years ago did it the first time I took her out for a lesson. Rammed the car up a big kerb and into a bush when cat ran out in front of us, bitch. Needless to say I swapped her for a woman with a brain not long after.

I play 5 a side every week at that those pitches.

How more people aren't ran over on the west gate road is beyond me.

People just step out into traffic all the time without looking. It's a horrible road to drive up as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back