Car Buying Garages

Status
Not open for further replies.
You never get the price quoted. I took one to WBAC. Immaculate bar one tiny scratch on a door would have cost £50 to fix. They tried knock £600 off for it. Off I fucked.

Anyone got any recommendations for a garage that'll buy a used car? No one seems to have a good word for we buy any car and the like. Good alternative suggestions appreciated.

Lad I used to work with has set up a new business recently. Buys all sorts of used cars.

Anyone got any recommendations for a garage that'll buy a used car? No one seems to have a good word for we buy any car and the like. Good alternative suggestions appreciated.

They're all tw*ts.

Go to We buy.. first.

Then try another. And another

Just be prepared to have them shaft you on the day you hand the car over

I sold my last car through a website called Wizzle. It’s free and you post an advert that can be seen by a network of car garages/dealers and if they’re interested they’ll send offers to you.

I didn’t get as much as I would private but didn’t have to deal with daft enquiries and tyre kickers. Definitely got a better price than all the online buying sites offered though.

Just a follow up, went to Rubber Duck cars at Ryton the day as suggested. Spoke to Peter, sound lad, nee bullshit, had a look round the car, took it out, offered me a fair price, went back this afternoon with the paperwork, done. Paid cash all done and dusted
Couldn't reccomend this place enough
Massive thanks to Fray Bentos for the info 👍👍

Just a follow up, went to Rubber Duck cars at Ryton the day as suggested. Spoke to Peter, sound lad, nee bullshit, had a look round the car, took it out, offered me a fair price, went back this afternoon with the paperwork, done. Paid cash all done and dusted
Couldn't reccomend this place enough
Massive thanks to Fray Bentos for the info 👍👍

No bother mate. Peter's a good lad and as you say no bullshit. Which is refreshing from someone who is brought up through sales in the motor trade.

30 minutes at 50mph once a week seems to work for me, most annoying part is I don't know when it is in the cycle until I turn off the engine and the fan runs

I had the same with the zafira. There's a trick on zafira's and zafira tourers in that it turns the heated rear window on to ramp up the engine.

On mine, I leave the centre computer thing on eco and whats using fuel - when I see it doing rear demist I know its doing a regen and I need to keep going...

On its 2nd DFP, probs due to 1st owner and I didn't know this either initially.

I had the same with the zafira. There's a trick on zafira's and zafira tourers in that it turns the heated rear window on to ramp up the engine.

On mine, I leave the centre computer thing on eco and whats using fuel - when I see it doing rear demist I know its doing a regen and I need to keep going...

On its 2nd DFP, probs due to 1st owner and I didn't know this either initially.
I'll look out for that and see if something like that happens with my car.

There's a garage next to the stadium where I sold my mazda 6 (rusty wheel arches). That was quite quick, also one near wickes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back