Car battery charger

Ship

Midfield
Anyone any ideas about this.

Car battery is flat. Went to put the charger on and when I plug it in to the mains - before attaching the clips to terminals- the charger power light is on and the ‘full charge’ light on too. It’s not even connected. As soon as I attach the clips to the battery, both lights go out.😖

Car battery is flat. Went to put the charger on and when I plug it in to the mains - before attaching the clips to terminals- the charger power light is on and the ‘full charge’ light on too. It’s not even connected. As soon as I attach the clips to the battery, both lights go out.😖
What happens if you connect it up before turning it on?

get a smart charger from Amazon, they're good at reconditioning batteries from flat - I use one of these on my motorhome batteries every now and then and it's saved me from buying new ones a couple of times now

I got a similar one, did a great job.

8A Car Battery Charger,12V/24V Battery Charger with Temperature Compensation,Leisure Battery Charger,LCD Screen Smart Battery Charger with Maintainer/Pulse Repair for Car, Motorcycle,AGM. Amazon.co.uk

Some chargers won't charge if the battery is too low. But it could also be a faulty charger. Try the charger on another battery to make sure it's ok. If you can maybe jump lead or bump start the car and take it for a run, then try the charger again.

Providing you’re putting the terminals on the correct way round, I’ll suggest the battery is fucked.

If the charger had settings the check they’re correct for your battery type.

Most likely paggered
Your battery can't have been completely flat ?
Get a new smart charge one
Amount of batteries we get back faulty because people have faulty ,old chargers and old testers
Even the AA can't test stuff properly
They are happy to flog you one or get you to buy one to complete the breakdown

Thanks for the replies. I do have a smart charger and it works first time every time. Problem is I only work a couple of miles away so having to keep starting the car in this manner until I can find the time to get out on a long run. That’s why I wanted to charge overnight.

Thanks for the replies. I do have a smart charger and it works first time every time. Problem is I only work a couple of miles away so having to keep starting the car in this manner until I can find the time to get out on a long run. That’s why I wanted to charge overnight.
Sounds like you need a new battery tbh. Or have 1 to wear and 1 to wash which is already charged. You might also want to get your alternator checked out.

Sounds like you need a new battery tbh. Or have 1 to wear and 1 to wash which is already charged. You might also want to get your alternator checked out.
ive always got a back up, just top the charge up now and again just ive had batteries die quickly for no apparent reason

Im like F1 pit crew swapping them out in the dark:lol:

Back