Car advice - door only opens from the outside.

I would have more sympathy for the op if he took the SMB in good grace instead of being petulant but he is making it funnier
That’s the worst thing you can do.

I’d give him some serious advice and maybe even offer to fix it for free if he apologises to you.

I had similar on vw transporter with side and rear doors. It was a key thing in the end. If you use the key on those doors it changed the lock too open and visa versa. The idea was that the work opposite to the main door. Have you used the key to open or lock the door from outside rather than the remote fob?

I had similar on vw transporter with side and rear doors. It was a key thing in the end. If you use the key on those doors it changed the lock too open and visa versa. The idea was that the work opposite to the main door. Have you used the key to open or lock the door from outside rather than the remote fob?
Have read this twice and not a clue what it means.

Have read this twice and not a clue what it means.
I do but I read it 4 times before I posted it as it does indeed sound bonkers.
I’ll try again
The key ( metal bit) changed the lock to unlock on the electric fob so when you thought you were locking the changed doors you actually unlocked them. It happened on all the doors too so you had to make sure the locks were all the same way to open or lock them all

I do but I read it 4 times before I posted it as it does indeed sound bonkers.
I’ll try again
The key ( metal bit) changed the lock to unlock on the electric fob so when you thought you were locking the changed doors you actually unlocked them. It happened on all the doors too so you had to make sure the locks were all the same way to open or lock them all
Ah right. That makes perfect sense now.

Like fuck it does

Back