Canon 6D announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

http://m.dpreview.com/news/2012/09/17/Canon-EOS-6D-preview-20MP-full-frame

A good option for those who want full frame without the 5D price.

I won't be buying it.

Only 11 focus points and no dual card slots... plus uses SD instead of CF cards.

Can't see why anyone would buy this tbh as doesn't hold many advantages over the 7D, has a worse focus system and will cost more.

Yeah it's FF but if you want FF then it's the 5D mark 3 all the way IMO, otherwise it's just buying the 6D for the sake of having an FF camera.

I'd even go for a 5D mark 2 over this as will be cheaper and also has a crap focus system

Edit - I'm saying all this on the inital specs btw... for all I know the reviews might be totally different to the initial impressions

heard they're bring out a 50mm f1.4 replacement too with IS

How much of a requirement is IS at 50mm though?

Not saying it's not an advantage btw, it's a genuine question as I'm a little unsure :?:

ajax_andy said:
How much of a requirement is IS at 50mm though?

Not saying it's not an advantage btw, it's a genuine question as I'm a little unsure :?:

What is IS? Yes, I'm a technophobe :)

a f/1.4 with IS? It's not like Canon to cash in on their proven tech :lol:

what a stupid lens, unless ity turns out to be be substantially sharper, like on the 135mm proportions.

image stabilisation

FFS you do realise we could have had a bit of fun there!!!

IS = Image search - a new auto mode that takes photos for you if it sees something interesting

IS = Internet Sync - Allows you to view the internet through the viewfinder

IS - Iphone Switch - Allows you to attach it to your iPhone creating a mobile DSLR camera phone

But oh no you had to ruin it for us all didn't you!!! :roll: :lol:

Gotcha. Cheers
oh I meant infrared scanner, when you take a picture, its displayed as a heat signature

here's a portrait i took on mine

Logon or register to see this image

FFS you do realise we could have had a bit of fun there!!!

IS = Image search - a new auto mode that takes photos for you if it sees something interesting

IS = Internet Sync - Allows you to view the internet through the viewfinder

IS - Iphone Switch - Allows you to attach it to your iPhone creating a mobile DSLR camera phone

But oh no you had to ruin it for us all didn't you!!! :roll: :lol:
he'll never know

Last edited:
My mate's buying a load of these in to mod for astro use. Bells and whistles like autofocus will be trivial compared to the advantage of the full frame.

at that price and being FF they've made a direct competitor to the 5D mk.ii haven't they?

at that price and being FF they've made a direct competitor to the 5D mk.ii haven't they?

I think it's a replacement for it tbh

Is that really an issue with SDXC cards, aren't they as fast as CF in practice?

I meant just more the fact I have loads of CF cards and it'd mean buying a whole new set of memory for it, and this applies to other people like me.

Why they couldn't just use CF for it too I'll never understand

Understood, but I suspect CF will die out in the long term.

I am sure that the reason will be cost, nothing else. Probably lets them make another 30p profit per camera

I think it's a replacement for it tbh

I meant just more the fact I have loads of CF cards and it'd mean buying a whole new set of memory for it, and this applies to other people like me.

Why they couldn't just use CF for it too I'll never understand
i thought the 5D ii was still being planned for production?

i thought the 5D ii was still being planned for production?

I'd be suprised if it was tbh, or at least if it continued in to 2013. Surely the mark 3 has superseeded it and the 6D will be about the same price, so it doesn't seem to have much of a place in the market?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back