Cancelling Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

BT offer a Sky package now. I’m moving to them. I’m getting what I get now and the BT Sports package for £11 cheaper than I was with Sky and that was without BT Sports.

I like sky. Been a customer for ever and lots of programmes I like on sky. I also have Britbox but never watch it, amazon prime but never watch it and Netflix that I do watch. I don’t have BT. As a result I know nothing of the champions league anymore.

Offers don't seem to be as good as they were. My contract was up in 2 weeks told them about genuine virgin deals and what I'd been offered and they can't get close to them. Went from 120 to 80 for 18 months so happy with that. Been with then nearly 15 years I must be a mug

Offers don't seem to be as good as they were. My contract was up in 2 weeks told them about genuine virgin deals and what I'd been offered and they can't get close to them. Went from 120 to 80 for 18 months so happy with that. Been with then nearly 15 years I must be a mug

They're scum. They seem to reward long term customers by hiking up the price by quite a lot & often enough.

Absolute scum.

We are getting rid of sky next year, only programs we watch are freeview channels and a few sitcoms that are on Netflix anyway.

So unreliable for us, a hint of grey cloud and we don’t get a signal for half an hour.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody ringing up Sky at the moment to haggle or change deals be sure to look up and mention the Black Friday deals on their website. The customer service advisor reckoned she wasn’t allowed to notify me of those deals unless I mentioned it. Saved about £20/month.
I’ve got IPTV but it can be a bit of a fcuk on sometimes.

I had Sky..cancelled..tried the android box..open box..they were unreliable..missed the footy so went back to Sky..got a good deal when I moved house..it’s crept up and up so I’m back paying money I don’t want to be paying..it’s getting binned next year.

I've got IPTV but it's no replacement for Sky, you have to be prepared to be disappointed, but for £40 a year it's expected
I have Freesat also, which allows a planner with a record function from a Humax box for council channels.
Binned Sky almost 5 years ago now, will never go back, but as a service Sky is hard to replace.
IPTV is a compromise I find.

Any existing Sky customers managed to get decent discounts on their monthly bills? I could do with a few quid knocked off. Either that or switch back to Virgin.

Slightly off topic but I’m trying to look on their website for Black Friday broadband deals. I’m already with them but want to see if I can get a speed upgrade, if I click Black Friday deals I just get the technical difficulties page.

I cancelled when the piglet flu pandemic started. I was out of contract so just led to a £60 p/m saving. There was no footy or cricket so I didn’t even put the TV on for months. Haven’t missed it. I watch Saturday Kitchen and MotD on iPlayer now, and that’s it. Don’t miss TV at all. Don’t have time to watch it anyway.

Any existing Sky customers managed to get decent discounts on their monthly bills? I could do with a few quid knocked off. Either that or switch back to Virgin.

I just left altogether, then about 6 weeks later they sent me one of them offer cards in the post so I rang them up. Ended up getting everything, cinemas, kids, all sports channels, a 2TB box and UHD for about £35 a month.

I was with Virgin until about 10 years ago, ditched it when the cost hit £100 a month.

I just run with Humax freeview for recording TV and Netflix, Disney and Prime.
For a time I did run Kodi, but this can be quite frustrating at times, so now I use Plex and acquire anything special that I need.

A mate has IPTV and it's quite impressive, once the boxing gets going again properly, I probably will get that as well.

I barely watch Sky really so god knows why i havent cancelled. Havent got the time and the kids watch Netflix and Disney etc.

Is it easy to stay with them for broadband?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back