Cancelling DW membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWanderer

Striker
Finally had enough of the place, there are a decent number of people training there, but they're now outnumbered by the cock heads.

Too many people hogging machines and weights, normally whilst texting. Getting crazy now!

Too many people at reception as i left to ask them how to cancel memberships, so has anyone done it? How do you go about it?

When you say hogging, does this not just mean using?

Finally had enough of the place, there are a decent number of people training there, but they're now outnumbered by the cock heads.

Too many people hogging machines and weights, normally whilst texting. Getting crazy now!

Too many people at reception as i left to ask them how to cancel memberships, so has anyone done it? How do you go about it?

I've always found it fine like. I do agree though that mobiles should be banned. You're in there to work out FFS.

So you like the fact that its busy but dont like people using the machines? :lol:

I hate it when theres people in the gym, always go in late on a night now when its dead so I can do what I want to do and get on the bench's and use the dumbbells and barbells instead of f***ing about on the shitty machines.

When you say hogging, does this not just mean using?

Sitting chatting/texting on benches, hanging about the cables, or just using one side of the double cables etc.

And I was looking for some weights the other day, found them being rolled under someone's foot as he sat on a bench texting!

So you like the fact that its busy but dont like people using the machines? :lol:

I hate it when theres people in the gym, always go in late on a night now when its dead so I can do what I want to do and get on the bench's and use the dumbbells and barbells instead of f***ing about on the shitty machines.

good lad.

In terms of the OP, you'll need to go in and speak to them. I know for a fact that Bannatynes do take people to court if they cancel their direct debit while still in contract.

I don't use the machines, only use the free weights and the squat rack, and the cables. Never use the machines.

good lad.

In terms of the OP, you'll need to go in and speak to them. I know for a fact that Bannatynes do take people to court if they cancel their direct debit while still in contract.

yeah be careful about just cancelling direct debits dunno what its like at DW but some gyms pass there membership stuff off to third party finance companies. so it wont be DW who you will have to deal with it might be some horrible company that will send the baliffs round as soon as they can.

Sitting chatting/texting on benches, hanging about the cables, or just using one side of the double cables etc.

And I was looking for some weights the other day, found them being rolled under someone's foot as he sat on a bench texting!

drives me bonkers that sort of behaviour mind. have left david lloyd, virgin and fitness first because of this sort of behaviour. i'm a grumpy, impatient git when i'm training however.

as for cancellation phone up. it's dead simple.

I don't use the machines, only use the free weights and the squat rack, and the cables. Never use the machines.

best way. I will use the machines if its packed but like I said ive stopped going at peak times as I feel like ive wasted my time if I dont use thee free weights.

i'd also use the fact that people are on their phones etc. Most gyms have signs up saying no mobiles allowed, if people are using them then the gym isn't enforcing their rules and may give you a way out of a contract.

best way. I will use the machines if its packed but like I said ive stopped going at peak times as I feel like ive wasted my time if I dont use thee free weights.

Looking to get power rack with cables and Olympic weights for the garage now. Already have dumbbells and EZ bar.

Can finance at 0% with powerhouse fitness, and it works out not much more a Montgomery than the gym membership.

TheWanderer said:
Like I said, reception was busy numb nuts! :roll:

Not anymore I dont!

I've never been a gym member but I'm familiar with busy receptions and normally the idea is to queue ?..

It is horrendous at about 5pm onwards to be honest. I feel for you there.

I go to the DW but due to being on leave I always go either about 10am or 2pm, there are very few people in at that time. Still quite a few gorillas on the benches like but there's normally one free.

Could you not go on your lunch or is that not an option?

TheWanderer said:
Looking to get power rack with cables and Olympic weights for the garage now. Already have dumbbells and EZ bar.

Can finance at 0% with powerhouse fitness, and it works out not much more a Montgomery than the gym membership.

Funnily enough I'm doing that in my spare room after getting sick of the DW. Expecting delivery from powerhouse fitness today, power rack, olympic plates and plates tree ordered from them. ordered an olympic bar and bench from elsewhere. Cost me about 700 altogether, figure I'll make that back in two years of no gym membership.

Funnily enough I'm doing that in my spare room after getting sick of the DW. Expecting delivery from powerhouse fitness today, power rack, olympic plates and plates tree ordered from them. ordered an olympic bar and bench from elsewhere. Cost me about 700 altogether, figure I'll make that back in two years of no gym membership.

which option did you go for mate?

Probably my biggest gripe at the gym is spice boy types, usually in groups of three or four hogging equipment.
One set each inbetween five minutes banter and f***ing about with phones etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back