Calmed down, an honest reflection...

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’ve never felt this despondent about my football club.

In all my 40 years.

This is the worst moment for me.

It’s unbearable that we have to go through at least another season in this division.

Sleep hasn’t changed a thing. We’ve been failed by the players, the manager and the owners.

Let’s be honest this team is not even good enough for the third division, we need a clear out but I can’t see Ross doing that. We need a massive cash injection and a proper recruitment drive. I don’t think we have the personnel in place to do that.

Yup, pretty much agree.

Won’t be popular here but I think we need to stick for a change. Ross will learn from this season. We’ll probably get rid though and have yet another shit summer with a new manger / back room team.
I f***ing hope so but he can't even learn from the previous games

Not sure how you can blame the owners

They are the owners of the club at the single lowest point in our history. They have made the decisions over the manager, players and contract negotiations. They haven’t arrested any slide, it’s so much worse than last season and the debt being wiped was down to Ellis Short. Let’s just hope they didn’t use the clubs only remaining funds to actually buy it and they have done some serious due diligence on finding new owners.

Let’s be honest this team is not even good enough for the third division, we need a clear out but I can’t see Ross doing that. We need a massive cash injection and a proper recruitment drive. I don’t think we have the personnel in place to do that.

We’ve just got to hope we get a new owner who can

Last edited:
Our players have been disadvantaged by facing physically bigger teams all season. On a number of occasions yesterday our players were simply but quite legitimately bounced off the ball. I believe that we received a lot more yellow cards than Charlton because our players were frustrated by it and began to respond to it. We need to address this .

Reactions: DJM
Our players have been disadvantaged by facing physically bigger teams all season. On a number of occasions yesterday our players were simply but quite legitimately bounced off the ball. I believe that we received a lot more yellow cards than Charlton because our players were frustrated by it and began to respond to it. We need to address this .
We do need a stronger physical presence. But we also need pace. And skill/creativity.

Particularly with Powers injury just after. Should have had McGeady on and got him and Maguire pushing forward and having shots at a clearly shitting himself keeper.
Maguire and McGeady deserve praise for overall achievements this last season, but Maguire was anonymous for 90 minutes bar one half-hit shot. McGeady should not have been in the 18. Clearly not fit and easily disposessed / closed down in his brief cameo. Him coming on gave the crowd a lift when they'd had precious little to shout about, but in his time on the pitch yesterday McGeady achieved the square root of f*ck all

Morgan achieved little yesterday but he did carry more of a goal threat than McGeady/Maguire.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back