Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plank

Striker
Many people getting this then?

I got Ghosts for the PS4 and have hardly even touched the thing, couldn't get into it at all but am hoping that this can get me back into it. Unlike a lot of people (Admittedly from GAF) I quite like the look of it and hopefully Sledgehammer have had good ideas when it has come to maps this year as again in Ghosts I just couldn't get into them at all.

Really not keen on the whole rocket pack bullshit.

Been able to jump 50 feet in the air man, ha'way C.O.D go back to the old school instead of the future.

No I'm finished with COD now.Used to look forward to it each year but it's crap now.As Chris said all this jumping about just seems daft.

Many people getting this then?

I got Ghosts for the PS4 and have hardly even touched the thing, couldn't get into it at all but am hoping that this can get me back into it. Unlike a lot of people (Admittedly from GAF) I quite like the look of it and hopefully Sledgehammer have had good ideas when it has come to maps this year as again in Ghosts I just couldn't get into them at all.
Each year we see the decline in quality of the COD series. This one coming is a desperate attempt in my opinion.

They don't seem to get us fans....less is more! Each year they add some new "feature" which makes the game worse. This year its the rocket packs ripped from titanfall.

I think I've had it after Ghosts like. Didn't take me long to trade it in. Probably would only buy one again if they went back to a World War 2 setting. Or released an updated version of COD 4 or something

Just redo Modern Warfare for this gen with exact same gameplay, maps and then add in a new campaign and new maps, coop modes and challengers and I'd buy it.

Can't even remember what the last Call of Duty I bought was, maybe MW3 - which was absolute shite.

Black Ops is still my personal favourite, thought that was a great game.

All COD's since Black Ops (the first one) have been utter shite. No idea why people keep wasting their money on it every year.
Its a social thing a bit like Facebook. If some other company offered the same thing and all your friends jumped platform you would go too.

Players subconsciously care very little about the quality of the game itself, but everyone else is doing it and so in order to stay in the circle of friends they have to keep buying the next one. However, it will die eventually unless they go back to basics and even quicker if another development company takes advantage of the slump by bringing out another COD4 type game.

I was fixated on COD like many other people. Eventually I woke up after losing 2 years of my life and stopped buying "the next one".

Gave up on Cod years ago, garbage. Sad when you consider what an amazing game Cod4 was. When I see the developer diaries they release they all sound like stupid 13 year old American kids talking up everything as supercool and awesome. Also, it's still the same engine they used 10 years ago. Embarrassing.

Can't even remember what the last Call of Duty I bought was, maybe MW3 - which was absolute shite.

Black Ops is still my personal favourite, thought that was a great game.
Nuketown is still one of the best online maps I've ever played, the story mode was pretty decent as well as it actually tried something different (the 60s as well as the plot twist at the end).
Its a social thing a bit like Facebook. If some other company offered the same thing and all your friends jumped platform you would go too.

Players subconsciously care very little about the quality of the game itself, but everyone else is doing it and so in order to stay in the circle of friends they have to keep buying the next one. However, it will die eventually unless they go back to basics and even quicker if another development company takes advantage of the slump by bringing out another COD4 type game.

I was fixated on COD like many other people. Eventually I woke up after losing 2 years of my life and stopped buying "the next one".
Aye I haven't played a COD game since MW3 which was turd, if they went back to a historic setting I might be tempted to play again.

It doesnt look as good as titanfall though. its just a double jump. the movement in titanfall is amazing I think. I still play titanfall every day, I love it.
For me, the problem with Titanfall is that you are shooting bots and real players. It dilutes the competitive nature of the game and makes team play pointless. I agree with the smooth movement on it mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back