Buying a Used Car Locally

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lexingtongue

I'm about to try and get my car back on the road after over a year of inactivity. There is a part of me that thinks she might not be roadworthy any longer. Are there any local garages that sell used cars that are trustworthy and worth checking out should worst come to worst? I'm not interested in leasing as my medium term plans revolve around looking for jobs abroad again within the next year at the latest. Any suggestions appreciated.

If You plan on going away again that quick I would ask if you really need a car for the travel you do. Can you not manage with public transport or a car share for work?

Can you not manage with public transport or a car share for work?
Well, that's the thing. I'd agreed to get a lift with the lad who sorted my position out for me, but he has dropped me in it twice already. Job is near Middlesbrough so public transport is a no go as far as I can tell.
The fact it’s a she worries me. What about getting a lass for a year instead?
:lol: Aren't all cars referred to as feminine?

I'm about to try and get my car back on the road after over a year of inactivity. There is a part of me that thinks she might not be roadworthy any longer. Are there any local garages that sell used cars that are trustworthy and worth checking out should worst come to worst? I'm not interested in leasing as my medium term plans revolve around looking for jobs abroad again within the next year at the latest. Any suggestions appreciated.
Away from proper dealers you have
Seaham auto services ,Thirkells in the sheepfolds ,Wearside auto centre (they get a few moans on social media but they spend good money prepping cars )

Dh cars in seaham does budget end

Away from proper dealers you have
Seaham auto services ,Thirkells in the sheepfolds ,Wearside auto centre (they get a few moans on social media but they spend good money prepping cars )

Dh cars in seaham does budget end
Thanks, mate. I don't want to spend a fortune obviously, but want something where 'the bloody doors won't fall off' if possible.

Pop down and see Ingy at Wearside Autoparc.

peter really knows the market and a MLF anarl .Mention me for a free tax disc holder on any car over £5k

Steer clear of Evans Halshaw.
Oh, I will. A lass I know has had nothing but problems with them. They basically allowed her to drive around in a car with a faulty brake system for about 6 months before fixing the problem under the threat of it going back to Ford for repair.

Give Ross at Bridgend Motors in Chester Le street a ring. Does canny cars and is always happy to negotiate.

No such thing as a trustworthy used car dealer. Luck of the draw I'm afraid
Pretty much this. Have seen people buy a £500 cheapie that lasts years and sails through MOTs and others who spend thousands and have nothing but issues

Can you get a lease for a year from someone like Lings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back